A big thanks for the response!

Sun Mar 2 00:46:34 2003

Thank you all for responding so kindly to my e-mail. Thank you too for all of the information on meds and the success of Germany.

I do have a couple more questions though. In regards to the SprayGel, how long will it be before this is approved in the US? From what I have read in the postings, this is a very effective way of getting rid of adhesions. Is this correct? And also for those of you who have made the journey to Germany, what is the cost approximately? I am sure that it would be a figure to save up for, so I don't think I will be going anytime soon, but an approximate cost would be helpful. Say if my husband and I went to Germany for the procedure, what would be the approximate total cost? Airfare, lodging, meals, hospitalization, drs.? Any guesses?

Also for those of you who sent me info on your form of pain meds: What is Duragesic? Is it addictive? At this point I know that I have an addiction to the Lortab, but it would be silly to say otherwise considering that I take it everyday. What side effect from Duragesic? Also some other meds were mentioned for breakthrough pain. Could you please explain what break through pain is? Those with a meds regimen, did you have to go to a pain management dr. in order to get these prescriptions, or was this through your OBGYN? I am currently going to an OBGYN that specialized in pelvic pain and to be honest I am not sure that he understands my pain level. If he does, then it is his nurses that do not. I get such a runaround when I call for pain meds. What is the deal with that? It is confirmed that I do in fact have adhesions, and have been battling them now for almost 3 years (some of you are laughing, because you have been in this boat for much longer), but why would someone who specializes in pelvic pain have such a difficult time prescribing much needed meds? Maybe he is not as specialized in it as was first thought? I don't know.

This is the first week that I have had unbearable pain even with my pain meds, since my hysterectomy in October, but I KNOW that it is the adhesions. I am sure that all of you are aware of that FEELING that you get when they have come back. And for some unknown reason they come back each time with a vengeance. Anyway, you don't know how wonderful it is to have a group like this to come to for answers to some difficult answers, and great support in time of need.

My husband never seems to understand and wishes for it all to go away. And with understanding to his need, I sometimes hesitate to tell him that they are back. But I have mentioned it to him this week for the first time since feeling my first intial pains again. He is not happy. He does not seem to understand, and I guess, him being a man, he feels like when I present a problem to him, that he has to come up with a solution on the spot. He feels that I need to exercise more. He feels that I need to lose weight. He feels that I am taking too many meds. He feels that I stay in bed too much. He feels that I am depressed. He feels that I am too sensitive. And on and on and on. All of things that he feels are true, but it's because of the pain I am in, not because its the lifestyle I choose. It's a vicious cycle. I just want to be my old self again and I know that's what he wants for me too. He never has sympathy for me anymore because I am sick all the time. Not that I want that all the time, but sometimes I would like for him to come home and just hold me or to let me rest. But he doesn't want to give me that.

I know there has to be some of you out there going through the same with your husbands or at least you have been through it already. What is the solution to this constant tug of war between us?

Ok I am finished whining. I am sorry if I have depressed you all, but I knew if anyone would understand it would be you all.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for caring.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: