Re: has anyone been told about excessive stool?

Tue Feb 11 14:10:22 2003

At Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Heather wrote: >
>Hi everyone, I went to the ER yesterday due to a sharp stabbing pain on
>my upper right quad, just under the ribs and around to the back. After
>a few tests came back normal they said I had "excessive stool" no
>obstruction, gave me 2 suppositories and sent me home. I do feel a bit
>better but has anyone had this diagnosis before? Thanks - Heather
Heather, i live this nightmare of partial obstructions never showing on the exrays and this is very common, exsessive stool means you cannot get it out of there and if you have had repeated partial obstructions this is common. I just got done reading a research article from a Dr Banter who states"More often in my experience, the symptoms are troublesome and annoying, and the obstruction is not severe enough to make any of the eray tests informative. Often the patient will be sent to the gastroenterologist, and endoscopic evaluation of both the UPPER AND LOWER BOWEL WILL BE PERFORMED. Frequently the diagnosis is "irritable bowel syndrome". It should be remembered that intra-abdominal and pelvic adhesions rarely if ever show up on eray or ultra sound." I hope in some small way this helps in your thinking process of whats really going on with you. I live with reoccuent partial obstructions and they never show up heather on xray however, I had to be a vital part of my healthcare team by finding the proper primary dr who could help me get through with meds and hospitalization when neccesary.... You need to find that its hard work but you have to not stand for people turning you away. I know it can become so dicouraging (it is like the medical community does not believe we know our bodies best) but the ironic thing is we do!! so hon go see someone ask in advance if they believe adhesions cause not only pain but your reoccurant problem... when they say yes you are on the road to taking a vital role in your health care the most vital part of the team "YOU"... fondly shawna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: