Re: New to the forum....just had hysterectomy

Mon Feb 10 08:16:53 2003

Adhesions start within 30 mins of surgery & will continue to grow for up to 7 days. Then as they get older, they start pulling on any thing they are attached to. Pain medication can help, if you can find a DR willing to prescribe them. Pain management can help. Surgery ONLY with a DR that is an expert. Laprascopic surgery will reduce the chance of reformation & new adhesions. Right now in Europe, they are using Confluent Spray Gel, that is not FDA approved in the USA. They are having wonderful results with it. I am so sorry that you are having problems, but, you have come to the right place to get information & support. robin M

At Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Dawn wrote: >
>At Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Pgrywlf@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>Cathy,
>>
>> There is nothing you can do to stop adhesions from forming as it is a
>>natural process of healing. Just pray you are in the class that adhesions
>>will never bother. A majority of patients will not have any problems with
>>adhesions. Are you experiencing any symptoms or pain associated with
>>adhesions? Know that you have come to the right place to ask your questions.
>> Please do not hesitate to post anytime as we here are an extended family &
>>are here for each other no matter.
>>
>>Patti Grey Wolf
>
>--
>Hysterectomy in June 2002. Reopen abdominal incision in December 2002 for hernia extensive adhesions and bladder epair. 2 months post-op, adhesion pain back already.
>Having a hard time dealing with the fact that adhesions have returned so quickly. I can't return to surgery every 6 months to have them removed. I guess I am going to have to learn to live with the pain of adhesions. Is there a state by state listing of dr's who are trained in adhesion related pan and is there a cure or a med that will alleviate it?
>Dawn
>
>PS. This is my first time posting here so I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it. Thanks
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: