Re: Difficulty getting bladder adhesion diagnosis...

Mon Feb 3 10:56:36 2003

Hi Melissa,

Your post sure caught my attention. I have been enduring some, well alot, of what you are talking about. My problem is that I can't empty my bladder. I have to bear down almost like having a baby to empty, and I still have alot of residual urine (anywhere from 100-250cc). My doctor said the normal residual amount is 5cc, and when you get older 10-20cc at the most. They say my urethra has scar tissue and it is smaller than should be due to the scar tissue. They have tried stretching it several times. I get pains in my right kidney though. At first I thought I had a kidney stone in that kidney because I have a strong history of forming them, but they said that there were no stones in the right kidney, the one that hurt. I did have one in the left kidney although it is not blocking the ureter. I told my husband I thought that the residual urine was backing back up into my kidney since I couldn't empty my bladder. A doctor just confirmed that too. I know what you mean about being painful though. I can't sleep if I even feel like I have to pee a little bit because it is uncomfortable. I do think it sounds like bladder adhesions just because that is the way I feel and I know that I have them there. I don't know what you can do to get your doctor to recognize the pain you are in except to hound the living crud out of him! I posted Saturday about my Friday doctor visit. My new gyn told me adhesions don't cause pain! I told him I'd like to slap anyone who says that because they don't know what they are talking about. I told him they need to walk in my shoes awhile and feel what I feel, and I knew they wouldn't say that again! He sure got quiet about it after that! Just be persistant and if that doctor doesn't listen, go to one who will! I understand and am right there with you. I hope things work out for you.

Love and hugs, Jenny

At Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Melissa wrote: >
>Hi there. I've never posted to this particular message board, but have
>once to the Endometriosis board. I'm having a terrible time getting any
>doc to take adhesions seriously, even now that I'm on Lupron and all the
>pain except for the bladder pain has gone away.
>
>I had ZERO problems with my bladder until the week following a
>laparoscopy 7 months ago. The pain has evolved, mellowed out, but it's
>like my bladder is attached to the front of my pelvis. Some days it's
>just an annoyance, a tight pulling that doesn't really hurt-hurt. Dull
>ache-like. But if my bladder gets too full (I try very hard to avoid
>this!), it starts some chain reaction torture thing that makes it
>terribly painful to urinate for about 1 week. At night, any night, when
>I lay down, I have a hard time sleeping in any position but on my side
>with a pillow between my legs because it begins to feel like my bladder
>is being pulled down towards the floor. And that hurts. I also get up
>numerous times to urinate during the night and have to take sleeping
>pills to avoid waking up every time my bladder begins to fill up and
>"pull down". One of my two lap incisions is directly above where all
>this is going on.
>
>So, does this sound like bladder adhesions to anyone? Any advice on how
>to get a doctor to recognize the pain I'm in?
>
>--
>Melissa
>----------------
>Peace, Love, and Compassion
>----------------
>----------------
>----------------
>
>----------------
>
>----------------