Anyone have a good treatment for thrush?

Thu Jan 30 08:25:17 2003

Is there anyone out there that would know a GOOD treatment for thrush? I have been treated for it since I came off the respirator and it just gets worse. On Monday I was given Mycostatin and it seemed to work...unti I woke up on Wednesday and my mouth was filled again. The doctor then doubled the dose, but I woke this morning with it back down my throat again. I am getting extremely frustrated as I have not been able to eat and it is really affecting my ability to drink. I know that I have become dehydrated...I see one of my doctor early this afternoon...my head swoons when I stand.

I would love to find an answer. We have tried searching the internet...have even resorted to taking garlic pills (the kind that don't make you have bad breath)because it said that would help. When my doctor learned I was taking the pills, from my home health nurse, he said absolutely not. I don't think they were helping anyway, but anything is worth a try. I have tried a hydrogen peroxide/water swish which is supposed to work, but it didn't work either.

I don't know how I can build up any strength if I am getting no nutrition. HELP!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: