Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!...........for MAYA

Tue Jan 28 16:08:18 2003

At Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>Dear Maya, Please read my comments within your message (below).
>
>Helen
>
>Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! ; From: Maya (mayawood72@aol.com) ; Mon Jan 27 17:10:58 2003
>
>Hello everyone I saw my new Gyn today. She was very nice and understanding. After looking over the records of my past surgeries she agreed that it was time to take a look inside again. However she does not think it would not be wise to go in lapo.
>
>HD> I give your new Gyn credit for NOT wanting to do a laparoscopic surgery for you. At least she indirectly admits that she does not have the skill and experience to do a laparoscopic adhesiolysis. There ARE surgeons, who ARE skilled at performing laparoscopic adhesiolysis procedures!!
>
>So she referred me to a general surgon to go in and clean me up using a barrier.
>
>HD> I assume the general surgeon will be performing a laparotomy (open abdominal). Laparotomies are notorious for causing NOT ONLY adhesion reformation...BUT ALSO de novo (new) adhesions!!
>
>HD> If you agree to a laparotomy, it is predictable that it won't take long after the surgery before you will begin to feel the return of adhesions; and with the return of adhesions - plus additional adhesions caused by the laparotomy itself - you will begin to feel increasing pain!!
>
>HD> If you have not done any research on adhesion related disorder (ARD), it is time for you to get started. Don't take my warning for granted!! Find out for yourself!! To help you get started: Scroll down to near the bottom of the Message Board webpage ( http://www.adhesions.org/forums/ )...Enter the following in the search box: " Helen Dynda + adhesions "..." Helen Dynda + laparotomy " ... and so forth. Most of my messages to the Message Board have been websites of information.
>
>HD> In the United States there are NO approved adhesion barriers that will prevent adhesions...NONE!! Interceed, Intergel, and Seprafilm adhesion barriers are approved for application ONLY during open abdominal procedures...and NONE of them are guaranteed to prevent adhesions!!
>
>I have to call and set up and appointment I just hope they don't schedule anything until the middle of MArch because my husband is taking me on a cruise March 9th. She me a prescription for pain meds until I see the GS. Well I will keep you posted

--
Thank You Helen. I have a appointment scheduled with surgeon tomorrow. I hope all goes well but I must admit that I am nervous. I mean it's one thing to have laposcopic surgery but to have my abdomin opened up is very scary.By the way I read you post on Demerol and besides the normal side effects I couldn't see why it should avoided. IF there was something I missed please let me know becase my gyn prescribed Demerol 50mg for the pain.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: