Re: Does anyone know if MS Contin works better than Methedone?

Fri Jan 24 10:27:53 2003

Cathy,

Hi sweetie, just read your post, I have gotten behind lately with all the bickering that we have been doing on the board. I thank you for your reply, I am new to all these pain treatments. I have told the doc that the 5 mgs is working but I am getting to where I don't get nauseated by the methadone. I am allowed 30 mgs a day. For the last couple days I have taken 15 mgs, and vicodin twice a day for the breakthrough. I got 100 methadone and it cost me 30 dollars and 100 vicodin run about 25. So since I don't have insurance or anything this is in the range that I can afford comfortably.

I will try to do the diary thing, if my kids would give me the chance. But honestly I am sure it is cheaper than most drugs. I asked the pharmacist how much the patches run, and for the 25 mg patch it is 150 dollars a month. So maybe some of our sister would benefit with cheaper meds like the methadone. Pharmacist also said when I asked if this stuff worked well, that he had people come off morphine to the methadone and have better results.

Thank you once again for listening,

Linda

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: