Re: Tummy Tuck - Adhesions

Thu Jan 23 15:35:12 2003

Dear Heather, DO NOT HAVE ANY ELECTIVE SURGERY IF YOU ARE PRONE TO ADHESIONS!!! I wish someone, especially the plastic surgeon would have told me of the possibiolity of adhesions deveoping after surgery. Four years agoI had a reverse abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and a back lift because of extra skin hanging down from when I had obsity and a huge wasitline as a child. IT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE AND HAS RUINED MY LIFE. I have a 30 inch scar that surrounds my entire torso, with adhesions everywhere, along the scar line, and even where the two drains were placed. I am in agony/toture from adhesion pain- stinging, burning, pulling, tearing. I have not been able to work since Sept because of this pain. I have withdrawn all my savings and am going to Germany on Jan 28, NEXT tUESDAY. Will have surgery on Sept 31 to try to remove the adhesions and Dr. Kruskinski said he would use some special stitch technique that he uses for plastic surgery pts to prevent the formation of adhesions. So, my suggestion would be don;t let anyone near you with a knife. Just accept that you have extra skin folds, which are a bother for finding clothes to fit, but at least they don;t hurt. Mary Lou

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: