Re: Methadone - To Linda

Mon Jan 20 17:44:25 2003

Dear Linda You posted re being started on methadone for adhesion pain I have just been started, about 3 weeks ago. I take methadone for breakthru as well. Prior to this I was on Kapanol 50mgs twice a day and for breakthru was taking morphine mixture - I found these to be quite suitable but after a run of 2 partial obstructions and severe episodes of pain that just would not go away, in December, the Docs thought in their wisdom to change it all. What I have since found out is that they are now using Methadone for pain regularly, here in Australia, especially for long term chronic pain suffers. I have found it effective and my pain at present seems well controlled. I definately do not want further pain from bowel obstructions, and the pain caused by these obstructions. My adhesions are not fixable and I am not a candiate for spraygel, here in Australia. My surgeon wishes to see more results from the use of it(spraygel) before attempting to use it on me. I did have seprafilm last year in June but 3 weeks post op had the worse ever obstruction, so all the pain of surgery was of no use...I simply didn't get any relief from it. I hope this information is of use to you as I do not know of anyone else being treated for chronic pain with methadone. I certainly would be interested in knowing how you get on with this drug. Regards & good luck Annie PS...if you wish to contact me personally my email addy is...monkopen@wn.com.au

--
Annie H

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: