Re: Dr. Wiseman speaks with Dr. Moore

Sun Jan 19 05:04:12 2003

Hello David,

It has been a while since we last formally corresponded, but after reading your message concerning treatments and products that may or may not help us with our battle against adhesions, I felt compelled to respond.

I agree completely with your statements regarding adhesions barriers etc and have always taken the view that one should thoroughly investigate a product that is going to be used in a life or death situation such as surgery.

There are no guarantee's that what has worked for one will necessarily work for another. Yes, I am one of the fortunate ones where an adhesions product has been used and has done what it claims to do. My battle against pain and illness is far from over HOWEVER I am no longer an adhesions sufferer but consider myself a survivor.

Being adhesions free has allowed the doctors to focus on particular areas of my body that had been suspected of damage but until the adhesions were gone, there was always going to be doubt as to the results of the tests.

We all want the same thing, freedom from the pain, suffering, depression, anger, disability and the disjointed ruination of our personal and family lives.

Yes, I do recount my personal experiences with my treatments and I do talk about what has worked for me and what hasn't. Always reminding our friends that this is my PERSONAL experience only and should only be used as food for thought as each individual pursues his/her treatment options.

The message board here on the IAS as it is on bombo is an important tool allowing us to support and understand one another - lending understanding, compassion and friendship to fellow victims of this insidious disease.

I have not seen any of the posts made by the Doctor, and alas I am sorry that we will not have the benefit of a medical professional willing to discuss our issues from a medical point of view, it would have been invaluable. I do hope that the doctor may be persuaded to help us out from time to time when dealing with the particular nature of medical comments tests etc that quite often leave many of us feeling quite anxious and worried about the process, what discomfort etc we might experience and so on.

Please always remember the spirit in which these boards were created.... to give us a voice and a place to meet and interact with other sufferers who truly understand our personal hells.

Sincerely,

Jo

--
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer