Re: Letter from Helen for Dr.Moore

Wed Jan 15 12:38:28 2003

You know I wanted to reply to the Insurance thing too. I know it is very difficult without insurance but it isn't easy with it either. I also have insurance and went to Germany and paid for my surgery without the insurances help. I had to quit my job and have had three adhesion surgeries in a little over 4 years. I am still paying Drs and pain management. Insurances get out of paying as much as possible. Luckily, I had a charge account at the drug store when I was on pain management or I wouldn't have even been able to pay the co-pays. So I do know that insurance is better than nothing but it is not what you think it is. I am 6-weeks post-op from Germany and not ready to return to work but I have to because we chose to pay for my health over other bills. Kelly -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 01:10:43 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: Letter from Helen for Dr.Moore At Wed, 15 Jan 2003, linda garcia wrote: >
>Hello again,
>
>I see in your letter to Helen that you state there is dangerous info on
this board. Where do you get off? It is crazy, do you know how many of us on this board have no insurance? And can't afford to go to the doctor or ER everytime something unexpected comes up? Most of us have gone years undiagnosed so we wasted all that money for nothing, now that we know what is wrong and we see so many others out there with the same problems, we work together like a family, Have you ever heard of that? It is crazy, doctors charge so much for their info, when we can get the info ourselves on the internet. I am willing to try some of the options that my "sisters" post because I am one of those without insurance. We are a family of 5 , 4 horses 1 dog and a fish living on one income. Make too much for medicaid. go figure. What would you do if you were in the same boat. How many times has a friend of yours suggested a restaurant or vacation spot and you had to try it? same with ! this adhesion family, it just has to deal with medical stuff. >
>It would be nice to keep you around here for insight and advice, but not if
you are going to put us down. We are fighting a big war here and have suffered needlessly. >
>Take this into consideration before you say that we are crazy once again.
>
>Linda Gacia
--

--
Dear Linda, Everyone seems to think I have money, don't know where they got 
that impression. But to set a clear record. I worked a full time job and ran
the Inn for the first fifteen years and so did my husband while we raised
his
son who had brain cancer (His bills were astronomical. I paid Dr. Kruchinski
s bill with my credit card and 
my bills for the appendectomy are above 40,000 and still coming in. Dr.
Kruschinski's
bill was one fifth of my appendectomy bill. I have insurance but with
deductibles, 
co-pays, what they won't pay, etc. we'll be paying them for a long time.
That's one reason
I'm so anxious to work on my business. I'm not complaining, just trying to
clarify. Well,
I might be complaining a little bit, but I really have no reason to. I would
have liked to 
have children other than my step-son but my old Pelvic Inflamatory Disease 
prevented that. Back in 1967 the ER told me I was being hysterical, it didn
t hurt, and 
just go home and don't come back. Boy, did that hurt. They found the dried
pus
from the infection years later, after I was too old to have children. Love,
Sally