Hi Everyone

Tue Jan 14 00:41:13 2003

Sorry it has been quite awhile since I have been here. But I have been trying to stay as comfortable as possible.

I finally got a doctor to believe me that my pain is real. Even though they wont do anymore surgery on me, which believe me, I was at that point, they are now helping me with medication. And something stronger then the usual Tynelol and Ibuprofen they were giving me. They put me on Oxycodone. It seemed to work great at first, but now I think it may have to be upped because it doesnt seem to work anymore. They started me out on 5/325. Is that a high dose?

Also I am FINALLY getting in to see a pain management doctor. I was wondering, should I tell them that this pain pill doesnt seem to work for me anymore unless I take two of them? And how do I go about talking to this doctor? I am a bit nervous to see them, but a bit anxious too if they can keep me out of pain.

I think partly the reason why they arent working too well either is because my 18 yr old sister decided to pay me a surprise visit from Pa to California. So I have been showing her around and TRYING to ignore my pain. It lasted for two days, now I have been bedridden again for the second day. God this devil pain suxs. I want sooo much to show her a good time here and show her around, but my body is not cooperating. I am still wheelchair bound when I go out of the house...but even that doesnt help with a day of activity.

I have also filed for disability, and lost. This was my first time, so I am going to appeal it. I know you guys have said that there really is no use to get an attorny yet, so what does the appeal entail when I do it. I have never appealed anything in my life lol I could not believe that they told me that they came to the conclusion that I could stand for 2 hours a day and sit at a desk for 6...AND lift up to 20 pounds. My doctor I have now would NOT have said that. So where do they get this from??

I have been keeping up with the board, since I dont have a laptop, most days my husband sits here and reads me everyones posts. Sorry I havent responded lately, but it has been really rough and there has been NO computer time for me.

Warm Painfree Huggggggz To you all Much love

Lori (California)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: