Re: NEURONTIN AND IT'S SIDE EFFECTS....

Mon Jan 13 19:05:36 2003

Dear Tonya, I have taken neuronton as my main pain med and it has helped me very much. It is scary to start a new drug. When I first started to take it I was very sleepy but you do get better with that. I started w/ 100 mg x 3 day and gradually have moved up to 2400 mg a day. Each time they upped the dose I did have the sleepiness but I did adjust. I find it to be a wonderful alternative to narcotics as they really compromise my bowel and bladder function. It is a drug for epilepsy and seisures and I believe it has also been perscribed for bi-polar disorder. My daughter goes to a neurologist @ Childrens hospital in Boston and one day I asked him how safe it was as they had just increased my dose. He said he felt it was an extremely safe drug and you can go up to 8 grams ( but I don't know how you could remain concious). You must know that you cannot decide to stop this drug. It is a "level " drug and must be gradually stopped with your doctors supervision. I had recently asked if they could up the dose again but my doc does not think that would be right for me. I pray you find the relief I have with this wonderful drug. I think it helps with the pain of my nerve damage somehow. Ah heck it just makes my life better. God bless and if you have more questions about it feel free to email me. Dawn

At Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Tonya Fleming wrote: >
>HEY,
>
>I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION? MY PAIN DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED NEURONTIN FOR ME
>AND I READ ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS. IT'S REALLY SCARY STUFF. DOES
>ANYONE IN HERE TAKE THIS AND IF SO, WHAT ARE YOUR SIDE EFFECTS?
>
>ALSO, THE NORCO THAT HE PRESCRIBED FOR ME MAKES ME ITCH, BUT THE NURSE
>SAID ALL NARCOTICS MAKE YOU ITCH. IS THIS TRUE? I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST
>NIGHT FROM ALL THE ITCHING GOING ON. IT DOES HELP THE PAIN SOME, BUT
>THE ITCHING IS TERRIBLE.
>
>PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GONE THRU WITH IT.
>
>TONYA (VALPEY) FLEMING
>
>--
>Tonya Fleming
>

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: