Re: (no subject)

Fri Jan 10 07:37:32 2003

Thank you Grey Wolf. At the time it was a hard decision to make. She had been on them for 7 years at the insistence of her doctor. It took me that long to realize things would never change as far as getting help from doctors. During those years I was taking her to other gastroentrologists to get different opinions. It soon became clear--none of them could agree on what was wrong with her. One however said, "I agree with you--she does not have the symptoms of Crohn's". That led me to many other doctors, testing, etc. Our problem in a nutshell: Being that she had an area of narrowed bowel caused her to be labeled with Crohn's. However, she didn't have all the other symptoms of Crohn's patients in the support group. OB/GYN's (many) never mentioned adhesions or endometriosis or polycystic ovaries. What a shame that so much ripping, tearing, pulling, throbbing pain was going on inside and she received ZILCH, zero help from doctors. We are in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area!!!! It isn't like we are in Nowhere, USA!!!!!!! Even Scott & White did not help us!! When I finally decided what was going on and took her to the CORRECT type doctor and said, "My daughter must have endometriosis", he took Melissa's hand and said, "Honey, I read your file, I am so sorry that doctors have failed you and that you had to find your own answers. There is no doubt, NONE, you have endo and need surgery." Okay, after 13 years, this mom had to leave the room and have a good cry. Even tho that doctor was horrified at the adhesions and did all the removal he could, he was honest with us that he would not touch the bowel area. He said it was the worse adhesions he had ever seen and in fact couldn't even find the ovaries for all the dense adhesions. Dr. Moore has not responded to any of my postings to him, which is okay, but I am in hopes he will see how the medical community (doctors) get a mind set and leave the patient hopeless. If granulomas do NOT show up in biopsies, then don't tell me my daughter has Crohn's! It was a doctor's own med training book that told me that granulomas MUST be present for a Crohn's diagnosis. Also, if the patient FEELS the doctor has missed something or that something else is going on, don't say "take your prednisone"!! Why, why why, were we not ever told about a lap procedure to "look"??? Had I known that was available, I would have been requesting it!! I DID NOT KNOW! How many more young girls will go through years of pain, only to be placed on prednisone?? She NEVER needed prednisone. Sorry, Grey Wolf--I get wired up anytime I start reliving the scenario. I am so sorry your mom died due to adrenal cancer. That was a horribly long time to be on steroids. Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your special mom Thanks again for encouraging me today. -------Original Message------- From: Pgrywlf@aol.com Date: Friday, January 10, 2003 07:37:05 AM To: stew@cowtown.net Subject: no subject received Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:37:29 -0600 I am glad you took your daughter off the steroids as my mom was on & off of them for 30 years & died due to adrenal cancer. I say it was due to the steroids as they stop then start the adrenal glands over & over again. With all that stress on them that is why she got the cancer. Unfortunatlly she was a smoker & her death certificate said she died of lung cancer. Funny how they did 5 bronchoscopy's & did not find anything, but she had the cancer on the left adrenal gland.
--

Love & hugs & pain free momets to your daughter!!!!

Grey Wolf 

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: