my personal response from Dr. Moore

Thu Jan 9 20:48:20 2003

bbm1969@bellsouth.net wrote:From: To: linda garcia

Subject: Re: adhesions Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:45:26 -0500

Yes Linda, adhesions can cause serious pain. No one is sure why, but we think it has to do with decreased mobility of the organs when you move around. The bowels kind of 'slosh' around in your abdomen when you walk. If a piece of them is stuck somewhere, you can get serious pain when that piece gets pulled on. What's always been puzzling to most in the medical community is why adhesions cause pain in some women and not in others. I have seen severe adhesions in pain-free women and cured some pretty severe pain in patients with the simple snip of one strand of spider-web-like adhesion.

The gel is a farce as far as I know. I did some research and responded to a number of letters sent to me giving me 'information.' The 'information' was a link to the website that makes the gel (http://www.confluentsurgical.com/spraygel/index.htm) and contained no real scientific or medical information. While it is intruiging, I am skeptical. I have seen at least two previous "wonder-products" that were supposed to prevent adhesions that just didn't work (Intercede comes to mind).

Good luck to you. >
> From: linda garcia

> Date: 2003/01/09 Thu AM 11:13:29 EST
> To: bbm1969@bellsouth.net
> Subject: adhesions
>
> Hi Dr.Moore,
>
> I am LInda Garcia and I suffer from adhesions after having 3 c-sections. I was just wondering if you believe that these awful things can cause as much pain as myself and many others suffer from. I have heard people talk about the spray gel stuff with great results that they have had after the procedure. I was told that I need a hysterectomy, but I am afraid if the uterus is removed the adhesions will adhere to more important organs.
>
> Please feel free to check out the quilt page to read up on the many stories from women that suffer. You may also email me at any time,
>
> lindalaramie@yahoo.com
>
> Thank you
>
> Linda Garcia
>

Hi Dr.Moore,

I am LInda Garcia and I suffer from adhesions after having 3 c-sections. I was just wondering if you believe that these awful things can cause as much pain as myself and many others suffer from. I have heard people talk about the spray gel stuff with great results that they have had after the procedure. I was told that I need a hysterectomy, but I am afraid if the uterus is removed the adhesions will adhere to more important organs.

Please feel free to check out the quilt page to read up on the many stories from women that suffer. You may also email me at any time,

lindalaramie@yahoo.com

Thank you

--
Linda Garcia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: