Re: How to know if there is a partial bowel blockage?

Mon Jan 6 16:12:16 2003

Erika, sorry to hear you share my hell. I have a partial bowel blockage in 2 areas and have had several total blockages. I had a small bowel follow thru done that shows where the small intestines are stuck together and the barium flows through very slowly(5 hours later we were done) Good luck to you and you should seek some medical help. The other thing I have that happens are intestinal spasms and I take levbid for that, I am not sure how well it helps though but that could be a part of the problem, also taking laxatives alot can confuse the bowels and they become dependent on those laxitives again good luck, God bless Robin erika <anonymous@medispecialty.com> wrote:Hi again. I have a question. After having my gall bladder removed 5 years ago, I have had trouble with severe diarreha which over the last 5 years lost 25 pounds, and trouble gaining back. Went through a lot of tests to make sure no chrones disease or anything. Over the last 7 months since my last pelvic surgery and complications with knowing my bowel is kinked and stuck to my abdomen and bladder the problem with the diarreha has started to seem to get better except for the horrible stomache cramps. Still deal with the diarreha, but not 4-6 times a day. The problem is now- over the last 2 weeks I can't have a bm. I am really bloated, horrible indegestion, my bowels sound really loud its embarrising. I keep taking dieter's tea that usually keeps you at home all day with dirreha to clean you out, a jar of suppositories, and exlax. All I get is tons of gas, and horrible cramps. Finally today, after an enema, I finally went some but a small amount and the bowel movements looked like thin little pencils. This is a huge switch for me, I never get blocked up, at least not in the last 5 years. My appetite has waned, and I keep a headache, I keep getting lower back pain that feels like severe menstrual cramps, yet I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Sometimes the gas is explosive and painfull. I have been dealing with waves of nausea that reminds me of morning sickness( probably why my appetite is lacking.) A friend of mine said maybe there could be a partial blockage since the problems I have been having, and I am going in for a less evasive procedure in a few days with the hydrodistenstion to try to stretch,or break the extensive adhesions. She read up on some stuff about adhestions, and thought maybe this is what could be happening to me. Has anyone here had a partial blockage? If so, how do you know?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: