Re: Hi, Can't seem to pee woth a darn

Mon Jan 6 14:03:24 2003

Hi Dawn,

Got your email asking me to read this post, so here I am. What you are describing to me is a very familiar feeling to me. There could be several reasons why your urine output is low but the most important thing you must do is STOP PUSHING and trying to force the urine out. This destroys the sphincter muscle and you will cause more serious damage (This is what i was told when I was having similar problems to what you are describing now).

When we are taking an extraordinary amount of laxatives, stool softeners enemas etc, partly how they work is to draw more of the body's fluids into the bowl to soften the faecal matter and to help expel it from the bowel. You mention that you are drinking heaps, but what are you drinking? Coffee for example is a great stimulant for the bowel, BUT has a bad affect on the bladder - it's what's called a diuretic and so it makes you have the urge to "pee" more frequently.

Now IF you are really retaining urine, it will be very simple for them to ascertain this in the ER, they use a special, machine, like a mini ultrasound to measure the amount of urine you are holding in your bladder, then they get you to go to the toilet to get you to void whatever you can. Then they will do another reading using this mini ultrasound and it will be able to measure how much urine is left in the bladder after voiding. IF there is more than 100 to 150mls there, then they will use what is called an in out catheter which is what I use four times a day to empty my bladder.

Sometimes bladder infections can also give you that feeling of having more urine in the bladder than you actually have. I have had infections without me even being aware of them, even though I am pretty tuned in to what is happening in my bladder (having experienced these problems for three years now).

My advice would be to start taking Ural, it is bought over the counter at the Chemist and then go and see your doctor as soon as you can OR of it is night time and you don't have access to your doctor, go to the ER.

I hate that feeling too Dawn, I hope my message helps, just please remember this is based on my personal experience, I am not a doctor and you really need to get to one ASAP.

Love & warm gentle hugs, Jo :rollin[/font]

--
Joanne Eslick
Founder Australian Adhesions Support Group
http://www.bombobeach.com
NSW Australian Co-ordinator of
International Adhesions Society
http://www.adhesions.org

--
I am not a medical person, and all my messages are based
on personal experience.  I am a fellow adhesions sufferer
reaching out to help others.