Using Hydrodistention to break adhesions?

Sat Jan 4 22:05:49 2003

Hi- This is my first time posting on this forum. I am 28 and had a hysterectomy 2 years ago with a bladder suspesion also. This past June I had the last remaining ovary removed. During surgery, my surgeon said 2 loops of my bowel were stuck to other organs. There is exstensive scarring and adhesions she said. I never had endo, this was from a hysterectomy, and continous bleeding cysts. She was able to remove the one loop of bowel from the ovary she was removing. The other loop of bowel is still stuck with extensive adhesions to my bladder and abdomen wall. She was afraid of puncturing bowel,or bladder and left it there. Had a lot of complications after the operation. Continued to bleed in pelvis for 3 months post-op. Had the blood drained, and pelvis filled up again with blood. The blood finally reabsorbed months later, but my doc said it made it worse now. I am still having pain with the bowel, and bladder. Sent to a urologist, and had ct scan which showed the bowel attached to bladder, and abdomen. My gyno surgeon said surgery with full incsion to remove the organs because the bowel is kinked, and there is still fluid build-up around the bowel and bladder still 7 months later. She said this is keeping the bowel and bladder irritated. The urologist talked with her and he wants to try overstretching my bladder to try and break some of the adhesions. He said it won't fix it, but maybe give some relief for a short time. He calls it hydrodistention. It usually is for people with IC. Has anyone here had this done for your adhesions? They want to try this first since it is less evasive. My gyno said- I will still need the surgery down the road. I hope this works. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this, or know someone who has. Thanks

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: