Had to go to ER

Sat Jan 4 20:15:20 2003

I was scheduled for a CT Tuesday to check for kidney stones but yesterday I was down to a trickle and by evening that had almost stopped. The pain was horrible, I was taking 80 mg oxy and 40 mg oxy for break thru pain and still on scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst I was at a 9. I called my Dr he told me to take hot bath to see if that would help me relax and if that did not help to go to ER and they would do a catherter. They did a CT and urine test, there was no blood this time and CT showed no kidney stones and my kidneys did not look swollen. They gave me shot of toradol and 6 mg morphine did not touch the pain, but still sent me home said that since I have a history of adhesions, he was pretty sure that was what was causing my pain and not being able to pee. I was so frusterated I sit up there almost 5 hours to be told what I already knew. I am suppose to call my doctor Monday and see whay he wants me to do. I am very grateful that my kidneys do not look damaged but what does this mean for me long term? If the adhesions have attached themselves to the tube going from my kidneys to my bladder, and I am having a hard time peeing and the pain level staying this severe will this cause damage to my kidneys and will I eventually have to have surgery? Also can taking pain medications long term affect my organs? I am sorry this is so long but as you all know we always go home from er and doctors visits feeling more confused than before we got there. I thought my husband was going to strangle the ER doctor when he said that he was sending me home. Wishing you all pain free days, hours, minutes or seconds. Gentle hugs Brenda from NC

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: