CT Abdominal/Pelvis

Fri Jan 3 17:07:04 2003

Hope everyones holidays were wonderful. I enjoyed watching family enjoy the food, we all know how that goes...

The Ultrasound from Sept showed enlarged spleen and dense liver which made no sense to the Doctor. These issues could be adhesion related, they already suspect several partial obstructions due to my malabsorption of food problem.

I am pain managed on Percocet [oxycodone] been for over a year. I am also a chronic surgical patient, lost track of how many laps I have had over 27 years.

Today I had the abdominal CT scan and pelvis CT, had to drink 3 bottles of barium and got that iodine contrast injected in the IV. Whoo, its been tearing my insides up, I thought barium was a constipating thing, it has rifled thru ever since I got home, is this normal or is it the disease moving things along?

Got a letter from the VA stating my surgery consult is not until JUNE, can you believe this? Then why the CT scan now? Anyhoo, I plan on waiting a week or two and I will go get my results myself at medical records. I want to know now.

I have been stuck in this "mode" since last May when obviously something I did got me super tangled up inside, but to wait until June to chat about the Jan CT scan is CRAZY! My story sounds like so many, weight loss, trying to hide the food eating problem from friends, making excuses, dreading getting stuck and having to use a Public bathroom [I got a real hangup about that]

Just wanted to give you an update.

Can the CT scan find partials & kinks with the small bowel. I am curious if the lap scope gallbladder 9 years ago is what caused the dense liver.

I grin when I hear of how some of you refer to your scars, nice to know I am not the only one with a tic tac toe board, and sign of the cross on my stomach.

I read here alot, just don't always post. You all are wonderful.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: