PART 1.....It is time for sufferers of ARD to become their own best doctors!!!!

Fri Jan 3 13:06:35 2003

Recently I tried to post the following information (in response to Denise's message on the MB); but it never appeared. I know Denise received this message by e-mail! Since this message did not appear on the MB, I will be re-sending it to the MB - for everyone to read.

~ ~ ~ ~

X>From: Helen Dynda; To: woodsytheowl@netzero.net ; Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 1:50 AM

Dear Denise, I don't know how receptive you are to learning as much as possible about adhesions; but you need to it is critical for adhesion-sufferers to "arm themselves with information" - because there are far too many doctors, who do not believe adhesions can cause pain!! For all people, who suffer from ARD, it is time to make a decision to take matters into your own hands. It's time to become your own best doctor!!

Denise, when you went to Georgia for your surgery on December 10, 2002...who performed your surgery? I am aware of a few surgeons at Atlanta, GA, who are doing their best to help people, who suffer from endometriosis. Endometriosis is one of the causes of adhesions!! I hope that you will experience success from this surgery!!

Surgery itself is also a cause of adhesions!! Adhesions are the way the human body heals and protects itself!! This is a completely natural occurrence!! Even when adhesions have been lysed (cut), they tend to reform - and de novo (new) adhesions "may" also form. There are many causes for the development of adhesions; and currently there is NO adhesion barrier - not even Interceed - that will provide protection.

SprayGel adhesion barrier (http://www.confluentsurgical.com/) was approved in Europe in November 2001. I went to Germany in January 2002 for an adhesiolysis - and my surgeon applied both SprayGel and Intergel at the conclusion of my surgery. I have included information about my ARD experience in the information I will send to you. It's just easier for me to share my experience that way - rather than repeating it over and over.

(TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2.)

--
Knowledge gives you strength.  Knowledge gives you courage.

Without courage there can be no progress. Without progress there is no solution.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: