Re: amitriptylene and its side effects

Thu Jan 2 20:26:51 2003

Dear Cherryl, I must really be mixed up today. I thought you were working in a bakery. i can certainly understand why you cannnot continue to be a dental assistant. When the pain is pulling me in every direction, it is impossible to hold still. So, in regards to your question about your liver, everyone is different. I have a sister who has been addicted to perscription drugs for over thirty years, and her liver function is perfectly fine, whereas sre fcinaly other people get liver disease who have not ever taken drugs or abused alcohol. I am to the point that I think the following: what is my goal for the remainder of my life? Is it to live as long as possible, although living in @#$% misery, or is it to live a shorter time but more comfortably? My mother lived until nearly 89, but the last year of her life was of very poor quality, and although she did not want to be a burden on her children, she was. I cared for her the last 42 days of her life, 24 hours a day. Three days before she died, she was so miserable, she asked me to hasten her death. I called the hospice nurse for advice, which was to stop drinking liquids. My mother had already stopped eating. It worked. I know I straying very far from adhesions here, but that experience of caring for her and seeing her day made me really accept the fact that I too will die some day, and I need to focus on today. That is so hard to do for us who have the miserable chronic pain of adhesions. I know for me I cannot give up yet the iea that I can return to work, so I am going to continue as is and try to get a job that I can actually do. I had a job in late sept but had to quit after the first three days. I am still reeling from the humiliation and feeling of defeat. Never in my life have I not been able to keep a job. I have to adjust to the fact that I do not have the body I had in the past. If only all of us had financial security, I think the pain would be more tolerable, because anxiety begets more pain which begets more anxiety. love to all, mary lou

At Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Koolinsask@aol.com wrote: >
>Yes, I have lost soooooooo much weight, and am alway's cold, now, I just
>thought it was because of all the stress in my life, with the endometriosis,
>and the adhesion problem, my doctor does not seem to be overly concerned
>about the weight loss at this point, but I do think I would feel better and
>have more energy if I could possibly gain about five pounds!!! I am now at a
>point, so depressed, and so fed up with having to live with pain, some day's
>are very tolerable, and I feel as though maybe things will change, then poof,
>I am right back to square one! Does, anyone suffer with the constant
>fatigue,and achy all over feeling, with headaches often? One other thing I do
>find, is I cannot live without my tylenol 3's, but i am so afraid of my liver
>shutting down, does anyone have info on how much the liver can actually