Re: amitriptylene and its side effects

Thu Jan 2 13:58:45 2003

Don't be afraid of amytritylene. Some people take it at 6 pm, or take half of their dose at 6 pm and then the other half about 1/2 before they want to go to sleep. If you have to get up at a certain time, get up at least 30 minutes before that to give the grogginess time to wear off. Take a shower, then drink some coffee or hot chocolate (caffeiene) if you still feel you are sedated. I know what you mean about needing to get a job. Your job, working in a bakery sounds like a good one, because you would be busy and moving. I feel best when I am asleep and second best when I am moving around, but not too vigoursly. Is your job waiting or you? I am going today to inquire about being a home health nurse. Although sitting is very difficult for me, and I have a terible sense of direction and I am new to this area, I am absolutely desperate to start working and bringin in some money. I would need to get a laptop computer and constantly use "Mapquest.com" to get directions. I think this is a nursing job I could possibly do, because I could hide my pain while I was alone in the car, and be distracted by it while I was in patients' homes. However, there is the fact that I would have to go through orientation. None of my clothes fit me because I have lost so much weight, and I am always cold. Do any of the rest of you have this problem? I eat small amounts off and all all day (grazing) because if I eat a complete meal, the pain is so much worse. I agree with you, this is a terrible way to live, all of us with adhesions. Recently I met a chemist/attorney who said that researchers are working on new narcotics that will be very strong but have less negative effects.

At Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Koolinsask@aol.com wrote: >
>The tylenol 3"s that I was taking, and had been taking on and off for about
>one year and a half, dull my pain, and make my life more bearable, without
>them, I seem to be a mess......the percocet, I had tried, but wow, i was
>totally out of it, and very dizzy, so I was unable to continue with those,
>demerol does help me also, but I cannot work and function on those, I have to
>work, i have been off for 3 years, and we cannot any longer afford for me to
>be off, it's a desperate situation, I work in a bakery/deli, and it has only
>been 2 weeks, and my body is in constant pain, I also suffer from
>fibromyalgia, so i feel like i have been hit by a truck.....my doctor wants
>me to try the amitrypline, and i guess tonight i best begin, i am just
>terrified to be out to lunch, and get fired from my job already!!!! This is
>one hell of a shity disease, and i sometimes, don't know how in the hell i am
>going to carry on for the rest of my life, it's such an abnormal life you
>know? Thank you again for your helpful insight, and i wish you all the very
>best with your' pain, and life.........
>
>Cherryl

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: