Re: Blood in urine

Wed Jan 1 01:37:01 2003

Brenda, I also had blood in my urine years ago and I think it was adhesion related. I also only dribbled small amounts of urine, although I felt like my bladder was full all the time, and I still have that part to this day.

I went through the same thing you are going through. GYN said nothing was wrong womanly and sent me to a Urologist.

The Urologist insisted it was just normal for some people and insisted nothing was wrong. He insisted the pain was due to womanly problems. He said he could do further tests if I wanted, although he didn't feel I needed them. I told him to "humor me" and do tests.

They did a nerve test of some kind for my kidneys and bladder. They put a catheter with a probe into your bladder which is attached to a machine that records the activity of the bladder. It confirmed what I had told him! When I was laying down it was normal, when I sat up it started getting irratic, and when standing really went crazy. That was also how my pain intensified depending on position. They put me on Ditropan and that helped but I also had adhesion surgery a few months later.

I haven't been told anyone has seen blood since! Hope this helps! JEAN

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: