Re: Just started duragesic and find I can't drive! Coping Skills?

Mon Dec 30 11:22:18 2002

Hi folks, I tried the duragesic patch, neurotin, and one other med like neurotin, but all of them made me so dizzy I couldn;t drive or even think straight. I would like to hear from some of you about your day. Here is a typical day for me: wake up after eight hours of good sleep induced by amytriptelene and clonipin. Feel no pain n the adhesion area. I stand up to walk to the bathroom, within one minute the tearing, pulling, stinging pain is 9 on a scale of 10. I forced byself into the kitchen to eat breakfast, and try to continue to move around for an hour or so. By that time, I can;t stand the pain, and I am still groggy from the amytriptelene, and I go back to bed. Then I get up again after an hour or so and read the want ads and depressingly acknowledge that there is no job I can do (I am a nurse) because of the pain. I worked until Jun 1, over the summer the area of adhesions doubled so that it now extends totally around by torso. I apreciate all the good information people have posted lately about the scientific basis of our agony. For me, gravity also has a lot to do with it--when I lie flat on one side and don;t move at all, after 15 minutes or so, the pain stops. But I can;t live my life lying perfectly still! I don;t know what to do. The pain clinic told me that there is no med that would effective reduce the pain while still allowing me to think, drive, and work. I am 58 and pray for a quick death from something else. I am also on celexa. Any suggestions?

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: