Re: adhesions in bowels

Tue Dec 17 11:51:48 2002

Hi Cindy, I had surgery in March for a small bowel obstruction.,caused by adhesions, they also lysed adhesions in several other areas on the small bowel. They did a laparotomy which set me up for more adhesions. I have been in constant pain, hospitalized twice for partial or intermittent obstructions.

Good news is I am going to Germany in four weeks, for spraygel , gasless laparoscopy, second look and the worlds most ambidextrous surgeon. I may have to have a resection, if so they will do it laparoscopically.

I really feel for you , the constant pain and how it can totally change your life. I have been unable to work for almost a year since my last surgery.

I hope to share my experience of Germany and how I am doing when I get back, as I know how important it is to others, giving hope for them also. Feel free to write and ask questions, if there is anything I can do to help, just listen even.

I hope you get some good help in pain management, I sure have, I couldnt have done it otherwise. a new friend, April

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: