Re: Left Flank Pain

Mon Dec 9 22:29:14 2002

Joyce, What can I say, WOW, when I read this it was like I was reading my very own words & problems, BUT the only differnce is that for a year now I have had some stones, & A constant kidney & urinary tract infection, & blood ALWAYS in all my urine test & always & infection I have been on antibiotics in the hospital, IV for weeks 2 or 3 times this year plus taking 3 to 4 of them different ones daily everyday & still it wont kill this infection, I also get the knot in the area of the pain I mean just like you described, only I describe mine as like a pocket of fluid, I have had 14 surgeries for Adhesions & my latest being on july the 11th, & like you I ask & beg them to search that one area even if they have to pull everything out to look, & I really dont think they do, because its to risky, ya know?? Believe me I understand, I cry so much the pain is so bad, my adhesion pain is bad enough, But this is so undescribable I tell my husband it feels as if someone has my kidney or spleen & is just squeezing it & never lets it go its constant, & down right miserable. Sometimes I feel as if its my spleen its kinda in that area too., but mainly like in the left flank area of my kidney it seems to me. They also did a procedure where they put me to sleep & went into my ureters , urethra, & kidneys & when he got in my left kidney he said it was just oozing blood, Hummmmmmmm?????????, but still no answers, you know Sweety I know how you feel It is so much pain, even me & my husband are having a very hard time with relations because the next day it feels like it hits something up there & bruises it, I dont know but like you I've been suffering with this for 2 years, only I do have & infection & blood in my urine visible at times, but mostly only in the urine tests. And to boot my OBGYN I was seeing & so loved & been seeing for 20 years has retired, boy did I cry....I do have a awesome internist though Thank the Good Lord. I am on Duragesic patches75mics, & Loratabs 10mg for the breakthrough pain & still am in alot of pain, this has caused me to not be able to work the pain is that bad. They have wanted me to get the morphine pump implanted surgically but that kinda scares me ya know I' would so like to know WHATS WRONG, not cover it up. I have had Adhesions on my kidneys before so I dont know I just had them removed in july but my obgyn said they are probally back in all spots x 10......but this pain just seems so different. I have had so much Adhesion problems lost alot of my intestines & part of my colon, & am so scared of loosing a kidney. & I'm alot like you I drive myself crazy I want to know whats wrong, I want it fixed, I want to work again & play with my grandbabies, & just I miss my ol' self, & I'm sure my hubby does too.....Some days I just have to lay still on the couch or bed with my geet kinda on a pillow Take my medicine to just get some kind of relief, now sorry I'm rambling, but I was just in aw when I read your letter. By the way if you dont mind me asking how old are you???? I'm 37 years old, to me too young , I feel at times like I'm 99, my 69 year old daddy out does me....I've had all the adhesion problems since the age of 16, so I've dealt with alot of pain & surgeries, & I'm pretty tough, but I'm getting to where I cant take the flank pain, its really really painful so you have indeed found someone who understands, & I feel for you & you are in my prayers, I wouldnt wish this on anyone. I'm from Texas, where are you from???? If you dont mind, just wondering, Well swetty sorry this is sooooo long but I could go on & on, Would like to talk to you on the phone if you want E-mail me privately & we will talk, SAMMYD832@aol.com, put in the subject Joyce, Flank pain so I will read it, Thanks for letting me vent , & share & Goodnight sweety I will be praying for you!!!!!!!! Love & understanding, Angie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: