Welp, I endured another indignaty again

Wed Dec 4 18:27:42 2002

Okay here goes...I went to my second pain clinic appointment yesterday to have my first nerve block. I figured what the heck, maybe I'll have the gift of Christmas. I had to bum a ride and get someone to look after my daughter, you know the scramble....drove all the way to Boston. I have waited 7 months to get my initial appointment last week and looked forward to this chance for relief. Oh by the way my other docs have brushed me under the rug as it were and the pain clinic was and is the final stop for me as far as they are concerned. OK, to the point. I am in a gown, in the OR with the prep nurse who was very nice. I am getting ready to hop up on the table when the director of the clinic comes in with two other docs and says she does not think this will help me and they are not going to do the procedure.....can you guess the next words out of her mouth??? Was I seeing a psychciatrist. Damn! I asked her if she thought adhesions caused pain, she said um, well yes. I politely thanked everyone. They said sorry to amke you come all this way for nothing. I did not start to cry till I reached the lobby. I pitched a world class fit in the car. Another , HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME moment. Ah, so many. I now know it's just gods will and perhaps I was spared a horrible fate. Boy does this add fuel to my fire though. I try so hard to turn my anger around by working the board and such, to do whatever I can to help our cause. They just keep pissing me off and I will see them in hell some day. Sorry for the rant...I love you guys so much and feel safe to vent here. Thank you all for that. Much Love, Dawn

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: