Re: Problems after Gallbladder Removed

Wed Dec 4 18:04:53 2002

Hi James, What exactly do you mean when you say sick? Are you in pain? I had my gall bladder removed 3/22/00 & I have been in pain ever since. I had numerous tests & went to over a dozen different Drs. looking for help. Finally, I had laproscopic surgery on 7/29/02. I was full of adhesions. I quote "Initial inspection revealed a rather significant and prominent and very tight tenacious adhesions involving the under surface of the liver with the hepatic fossa. Omentum, hepatic flexure of the colon and the duodenum were very firmly entrapped within the hepatic fossa." The surgeon used Seprafilm cut into four sections laying it on the duodenum, colon, & liver edge. Unfortunately, I am still in pain & have been to more Drs. but have not found relief from my pain. All the tests in the world will not show adhesions, only surgery will. At least the surgery proved I was not a nut as many of the Drs. had insinuated. I am now forced to return to work because my long term disability is up & I can not live without money. So I will have to suck it up & work thru the pain as I did between my surgeries. I hope I have been of some help. Good Luck! Take Care, Rita in AZ --- James Stewart <xfitness@aol.com> wrote: > I had my Gallbladder removed about 6 years ago. I
> was working out in
> the Gym about one year after the surgery and felt
> something pull or snap
> in the Abdominal area. I felt sick for days but did
> get better. Have
> been sick on and off for 5 years. Doctors have been
> no help at all.
> About 3 months ago I was working out and doing alot
> of Sit ups and the
> next day I could hardly get out of bed. I was sick
> for 2 months. I
> have stomach pain and feel like I need to go to bed