Re: In Pain Again and Need Some Advice.....Some answers to your questions...

Mon Nov 25 12:51:13 2002

Dear Kim,

I have responded to your questions - within your message (below)...

Love, Helen D.

At Mon, 25 Nov 2002, kim morrisey wrote:

I am confused as to my next steps...here are some questions:

1.) I have had an MRI - is it safe to assume adhesions will not show up on a pelvic MRI?

H> A diagnostic laparoscopy is the only way adhesions and endometriosis can be diagnosed!!

2.) Is another surgery the only answer for diagnosing this?

H> Yes...BUT your best chance is with either Dr. Matthias Korell at Duisburg, Germany or Dr. Daniel Kruschinski at Frankfurt, Germany. Both are very experienced laparoscopic surgeons - and they are very skilled in performing technically difficult surgical procedures.

3.) If I do need another surgery, what are my next steps for finding a doctor? I am in NY area, and know of Reich and Redan. However, I know we don't have spray gel in the US yet. How long would it take for me to get an appointment and surgery scheduled in Germany with Dr. Kruchinski? How would I go about setting this up? Does Dr. Reich also perform surgery in Germany with Dr. Kruchinski?

H> Dr. Kruschinski's website is at: http://www.EndoGyn.com/ . Dr. Reich was injured in a bike accident in August or September. Depending on how his recovery is going, Dr. Reich was planning to perform some surgeries (not full-time though) at Frankfurt. The only way to know for sure if Dr. Reich will be performing surgery with Dr. Kruschinski is to email Dr. Kruschinski at: Daniel.Kruschinski@endogyn.com .

H> Lisa Graven (Lilylover5555@aol.com) has had surgery with Dr. Kruschinski -- and she is the Patient Advocate for Dr. Kruschinski's patients. If you write to Lisa, she will provide you with up-to-date information as to what is involved in planning a trip to Frankfurt, Germany.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: