In Pain Again and Need Some Advice

Mon Nov 25 11:07:43 2002

I am somewhat new to this forum....have only posted a few times about a month ago. But I need some help.

I have had two laproscopic surgeries this year. The first in February to remove an ovarian cyst. Unfortunately the cyst persisted (the doctor only drained it and it resealed). A few months after the surgery I started feeling pelvic pain isolated pretty much to my bladder area...a pulling feeling. The pain was more intense during the second half of my cycle, when my hormones fluctuated post-ovulation. Like many of you, I was tossed around to different doctors, never even heard the term "adhesion" from any of them.

I am also experiencing fertility problems for the past 2 years. In late September, my new OBGYN/Reproductive Endocronlogist scheduled me for another lap. to remove the ovarian cyst. What she found when she went in, was not only a cyst, but adhesions binding my uterus to my bladder, with a spot of endometriosis right in the middle (more endo underneath the uterus as well). All was removed (except for some small fibroids) and we were supposed to start Inseminations, etc. in October.

Two weeks after the surgery, around ovulation time, my bladder was killing me again...more pulling and pain. When I went to visit my doctor, she insisted my pain was not OBGYN related and sent me off to the Gastoenterologist, Urologist, etc. Thankfully, all tests (and I have MANY) have come back normal. Urologist started me on Neurontin about 5 weeks ago. My pain stopped the day after my period began and I was good for 2 weeks. Now, my pain started back up after ovulation again this month.

I am almost sure this pain is related to adhesions since it feels the same way as when my bladder was adhered to my uterus. The pain is tolerable but constant, so I guess I need to put my quest to become pregnant on the side once more. I would think getting pregnant (if my body even allowed it to happen) could be dangerous, especially if the adhesions are in the same place.

I am confused as to my next steps...here are some questions:

1)I have had an MRI - is it safe to assume adhesions will not show up on a pelvic MRI? 2)Is another surgery the only answer for diagnosing this? 3)If I do need another surgery, what are my next steps for finding a doctor? I am in NY area, and know of Reich and Redan. However, I know we don't have spray gel in the US yet. How long would it take for me to get an appointment and surgery scheduled in Germany with Dr. Kruchinski? How would I go about setting this up? Does Dr. Reich also perform surgery in Germany with Dr. Kruchinski?

I appreciate your help. This board is amazing! If it wasn't for all the information on this board, I would be feeling very alone and confused. Thanks to all who take the time to post and help others.

Regards, Kim

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: