Re: Quick advice on a Sunday?

Sun Nov 24 08:54:58 2002

At Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Cheryl wrote: >Dearest Cheryl,

12 days is bad. You really should talk to the doc on call right away. He may tell you to go to er. If the docs says go, the insurance must surely pay?? Call them too before you go. Mention you'd like to try an enema first and would that be okay. If your feces were that hard, perhaps you are impacted and maybe the enema could soften the hard stool that may be blocking you. When was the last time you ahd an enema? how many have you had this week? Straining too hard can also cause you lots of problems. You must be in lots of pain right now. Are you nauseas or are you vommiting, have a temp? If so you do need to go to ER right away. So many have this terrible catch 22 situation. The dance of pain meds and bladder & bowel motility. The more you use laxitives the more your body becomes dependant on them. Carboloading on laxitives is a very dangerous game to play at but we get panicy from this kind of horror. I don't know what to say or do about this myself. I don't know what is worse, the pain or when the plumbing don't work right. I know how much anxiety it can cause you though. Dear Cheryl, please call the docs office and do not be afraid. You do not have to suffer this. And do force liquids that is very good advice. Much love, Dawn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: