Possible bowel obstruction puts man in hospital, but he solved his own problem!!...Millie

Fri Nov 22 23:43:35 2002

Dear Millie, As you know, I am not a medical professional. I have been reading your messages - and I've been wondering if the experience of the young man (below) would help you.

X> Possible bowel obstruction puts man in hospital; but he solved his own problem!!

I received a letter from a young man, who had the misfortune of having to spend Easter 2001 in the hospital because of a possible bowel obstruction. Perhaps someone else can benefit as a result of his experience.

He said: "It seems that my assertiveness coupled with my surgeons willingness TO LET ME TRY SOLVING THE BOWEL OBSTRUCTION BY DRINKING A LOT OF WATER -- AND NOT EATING -- HAS PAID OFF. I AM PASSING GAS NOW, HAVE NO PAIN, HAVE EATEN SOME FOOD TODAY WITHOUT ILL EFFECT and am being discharged.

"Being very health conscious may have precipitated (caused ) my bowel obstruction and hospital stay. I'm a web developer and use "a specific restaurant" as my office away from home. I may spend 6 - 8 hours a day there with my laptop. Not wanting to eat any of their pastries, I'll typically snack throughout the day on dried fruits and nuts. And before each main meal, I mix fiber powder in water. I also eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. "It's only from the information you sent that I LEARNED I SHOULD BE ON A LOW-FIBER (LOW-RESIDUE DIET) -- and NOT a high fiber diet!! Obviously, I'll be making a big change in my diet."

~ ~ ~ ~

Millie:

1.) Are you on a LOW-FIBER DIET or a HIGH FIBER DIET?

2.) I will be posting information on a CLEAR LIQUID DIET and a FULL LIQUID DIET.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: