Lap Question & Abdominal Binder Torture Device

Sun Nov 17 06:23:52 2002

I had omental adhesions lysed about a month ago. Adhesions were based on the midline and surgeon said they had my bowels in odd positions. I never had 100% pain relief, but it is still much better after the lysis. It could be too that I was just very good at keeping things off my belly during the first week and a half post lap. So far I am still able to manage it, but everyday it is taking a little more control away from me. At least I have a baseline to work from now. Before the lysis I was so swollen and inflammed that I never really could tell what aggravated the pain. I owe that to my gyn putting me in an abdominal binder after ignoring an infection for six weeks. I was already inflammed. Thanks Doc, butcher me, then torture me! Anyway, since the lysis the pain is tolerable as long as I limit activity and don't let anything touch my belly. Then I have terrible pain and some gurgling that will require I lay down for the day and take pain meds to get relief.

I can visibly see a recessed spot on the midline about 2.5" diameter. It is very tender. If the inside of my skin was adhered to the peritoneum, would they have seen that in a lap? Or, would they go directly into the bowel area to inspect? I have my op report, but it is unclear.

Also, does anyone have any idea on what kind of damage the Abdominal Binder may have done when used with an infection (cuff cellulitis) and inflammation?

Thanks, Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: