Re: Millie

Sat Nov 16 19:33:26 2002

Karla, Thanks so much for your reply. So far, no vomiting, but awful burning pain, and loud noises at times. Then once in awhile very few loose stools. I don't want to be cut open again, because I know exactly what that would mean... more adhesions...more surgery, and on... You're right, I have been given major runarounds. Ed says the same thing. If I end up going to e.r., I won't tell them of any tests I had. I do wonder about the run arounds I've gotten, as well as the bull in my records. I obtained some of the records and read the crap. On a Ct scan done in May, some diverticula showed in the sigmoid colon and in the descending colon. But at the time, they weren't inflamed. This is another thing I'm wondering about. At one trip to the e.r., the Dr. mentioned that, and about a Ct scan. I've had so many xrays, that I wonder about radiation. Love, Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: K Nygren To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 9:57 AM Subject: Re: Millie

--
  Millie,

The vomiting is a very important sign of an obstruction. In my case, I never felt nauseous. The vomiting just came suddenly with no warnings and left just as quickly. As a semi-educated veteran of obstructions I would say that vomiting is involved in at least 90% of all total obstructions. What am I saying? I guess, that you probably shouldn't overworry yourself about an obstruction. Am I saying not to go to the ER? NO! You know yourself, your body, its operating far better than I do. My thoughts lead me to think that you should look into going to a teaching hospital. Given the run around you seem to have gotten maybe I wouldn't tell them too much. Let them run every known test to man and be able to give you an honest, objective opinion that hasn't been swayed by the crap that is already in your medical records. In this case, perhaps it is better to play dumb and uneducated....at least at first. Then ! when they start giving you results ask questions. Tell them what you know about adhesions. DO NOT allow them to cut you open (laparotomy-wise) unless you have a full-blown obstruction or other medical emergency. DO NOT allow them to push you around.

Have you thought about saving the money to go to Germany? I think this might be wise to at least give it some consideration. Then you would know for sure.

God Bless!

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: