Re: Adhesions on Bladder???

Sat Nov 16 08:21:48 2002

Sarah, Seek out a good urologist. Let them run all the tests. DO NOT LET THEM OPERATE! First off, I am speaking from experience to this one. It could be an infection. You could be getting repeated infections. But, infections can and are caused by adhesions on the bladder, kidneys or the ureters. Do NOT let them tell you they aren't. Please read my story on the quilt (Karla Nygren). My problems began much like your's. My doctors, who were at a teaching hospital, ran the tests. They saw how poorly my bladder was working...in my case eventually I could not go to the bathroom without catherizing myself and then after doing that for awhile would lose total control without having any sensations or ability to control. They convinced me to undergo a new procedure (at that time) called a bladder augmentation where they removed bad portions of the bladder and augmented it with bowel tissue to make it larger. The first surgery did not work. I ended up having a second procedure where they made a huge new bladder out of bowel tissue. This improved my situation, but from there on out anything that could go wrong did. I sit here now, with no bladder. I have a urostomy bag that my urine drains into. Because of all of the surgeries I have had to undergo I have no abdominal wall and my abdomen is full of hernias. My bowels are sticking out through my abdominal wall the size of a football around my urostomy. They are just under the service of my skin. Because of this, I cannot maintain a good seal on my urostomy bag and leak urine constantly. This is very dehumanizing. Anyway, it wasn't until I learned about adhesions and obtained my medical records that I learned that all along I had adhesions that were totally wrapped around my bladder. If they had just taken down those adhesions...I wouldn't be in the position I am in now. Granted, they would have come back...but I could have gone to Germany for help. Now there is no future for me...other then living with this pain. Where am I at now? This is where I can tell you how adhesions do cause infections. My ureters are wrapped with adhesions. They are causing obstructions to my kidneys. Every couple of weeks I am in the hospital with a case of urosepsis....where the infection goes through my blood and body. I have tubes into each of my kidneys, through the back, that drain the urine out into bags and I still have my urostomy. They cannot do anything more. No one will touch me. I have been all across this country looking for help...it isn't a matter of an adhesiolysis for me. But, I have accepted this....now. It took a while, but I now know that my best life is what I am living now. One day at a time, enjoying my family and taking time to smell the flowers. Life is beautiful. Please watch your steps as you procede with this. Research the archives. Educate yourself and your doctors. Sarah <sgoforth@earthlink.net> wrote:I've recently begun to have problems with my bladder, thinking that I have to go to the bathroom, when I actually don't. I'm thinking that either I have a bladder infection, or but most likely I've got adhesions. But, since there is no way that a doctor will do another surgery on me after having so many laparoscopy's and a hysterectomy, is there any way of knowing if these problems are being caused by just an infection? I'm ready to go crazy going to the bathroom every 1/2 hour. I know when I get up that very little will come out, but I feel like my bladder is completly full, and if I don't get to the toilet soon, I will leak! Any answers would be appreciated!

Hope everyone is having a pain free weekend!

Karla

**Soaring with my angel**

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: