Re: When people are looking for doctors

Thu Nov 14 16:26:57 2002

At Thu, 14 Nov 2002, cindy shruhan wrote: >
>At Wed, 13 Nov 2002, K Nygren wrote:
>>
>>I would like to make a statement here. So often we have people who come to this site looking for doctors in their area who are knowledgeable about adhesions...or who can help them with their adhesions, but are we helping them when we just give out names? As we have all learned, many doctors say they know about adhesions...they even come out and tell you that they can cure adhesions (a while back there was a doctor that advertised he could cure anyone of adhesions in 13 or less surgeries). We, the unsuspecting patients, trust them. But soon we find ourselves pain ridden again and full of adhesions. After these "experts" take our money we are left to our own pain...them unwilling to help us. It is my firm belief that as people come to this site we need to help them as much as possible, but at the same time we need to warn them they need to be extremely cautious in seeking out doctors. They need to be told to educate themselves by reading this site and digging into the archives. Tell them to read the stories on the quilt. If they feel that they need to have surgery then they should proceed very carefully because there is no "cure" offered here in the states and only now is there any hope that answers lie either in the future here or in other countries now. As adhesion sufferers we need to avoid surgery at all costs.....unless it is a medical emergency. Pain, itself, is not a medical emergency and while very uncomfortable, is something that we can live with. I am not saying that we should'nt see doctors.....but find a doctor that is educated into adhesions as we are educated. That is often not the case. I have found a large number of doctors that are very sympathetic to my cause and would bend over backwards to help, but at the same time that help could kill me and that is not where I am willing to go.
>>Please understand that I am not saying that anybody has done anything wrong. But, I do believe that we have all forgotten to give the warnings to people. I understand that we need to present things positively...that can be achieved if we take the time to think about how we say it. As for me, well the old-timers on here know....I'm pretty blunt. I need to start telling people like it is. DON'T HAVE ANYMORE SURGERY unless its a medical emergency. Don't end up like me!
>>God Bless!
>>Karla
>> cindy shruhan <cindyandbobby@webtv.net> wrote:HI LINDA DARLINA, BOY WE ARE CLOSE, IM IN VEGAS, I WILL EMAIL YOU
>>PERSONALLY VERY SHORTLY ON DOCTOR'S FOR YOUR AREA, I JUST GOT THE
>>WEBSITE FROM TISH, SO I WILL GET THAT GOING FOR YOU, AND KEEP ME POSTED
>>IF YA NEED MORE HELP, THIS BOARD HAS MORE THAN I CAN EVER SAY, SO LET US
>>ALL KNOW WHAT YA NEED MY FRIEND, AND GREAT JOB ON THE POSTINGS, GO
>>GIRL..LOVE CINDY SHRUHAN.............. DOCTOR'S NEED FOR THIS
>>WONDERFULN NEW MEMBER, IM ALSO EMAILING INFO TO HER, BUT AGAIN, ANY HELP
>>WOULD BE GREAT, THIS IS OUR LINDA GARCIA, SHE NEEDS DOCTOR'S FOR THE
>>AREA OF FORT COLLINS, COLORADO ARE..VERY URGENTLY NEEDED, SO IM OFF TO
>>SEND THE WEBSITE..HANG IN HERE KAREN..YOUR IN MY PRAYERS..LOVE YA
>>ALL....... cindyandbobby@webtv.net
>>
>>--
>>I'M VISUALLY IMPAIRED, I NEED THE CAP'S IN ORDER TO TYPE, NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING...
>>
>HI KARLA, OUTSTANDING SAID, AND I MUST OF SAID TO MYSELF A THOUSAND
>TIMES, WHAT GOOD IS THE LIST, WE NEED NAMES, CITY'S,ETC. NARROW THIS
>DOWN, AND I WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT HOW WE COULD DO THIS, I HAVE A LIST
>IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA, BUT NOT SURE WHO ELSE LIVES HERE, BUT THANK YOU
>FOR ADDING THIS POST, IT HITS HOME, SO GOOD JOB MY FRIEND..YOU KNOW IM
>ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU, AND PRAYING..GOD BLESS LOVE CINDY SHRUHAN
>cindyandbobby@webtv.net
>
>--
>I'M VISUALLY IMPAIRED, I NEED THE CAP'S IN ORDER TO TYPE, NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING...
>

SWEET KARLA, THANK YOU FROM THE SOUL ON THIS ONE, AS MY BIGGEST NIGHTMARE IS ANOTHER SURGERY,FOR THAT MATTER EVEN SEEING THE DOCTOR'S I HAVE TO, AS WE ALL TRY TO HELP, ITS ALSO IMPERATIVE THAT WE READ YOUR INFO HERE, AND HOPEFULLY GO GOD, ONE WOULD REALLY THINK TWICE ON EVERY HAVING ANY SURGERY, WE ARE THE END RESULT OF THIS, 19 YEARS, AND YOU MY FRIEND WAY LONGER, SO KARLA IM SO PROUD OF YOU, YOU STAND UP, AND I APPLAUD YOU FOR THIS HONESTY, FOR I FEEL THE SAME WAY, MAYBE ONE DAY LOVE THERE WILL BE SPECALIST IN THIS FIELD, NOT IN MY LIFETIME, BUT MAYBE FOR OUR UP COMING NEW CHILDREN, MAY YOU ALWAYS KNOW YOUR IN MY HEART, AND I PRAY FOR YOU KARLA DAILY, AND GOD ALWAYS TELLS ME, I KNOW KARLA TO...HE HE..BUT I HAVE TO KEEP LAUGHING, OR THIS BEDRIDDEN BODY WOULD JUST CRUMBLE, AND IF I LOST YOU GUYS, I WOULD CRUMBLE, YOUR MY SECOND FAMILY, AND I DO NOT TAKE THESE WORDS LIGHTLY, SO TRY TO STAY COMFY, AND AWAY FROM THE ER'S..GOD BLESS MY SPECIAL FRIEND...CINDY SHRUHAN..... cindyandbobby@webtv.net

--
I'M VISUALLY IMPAIRED, I NEED THE CAP'S IN ORDER TO TYPE, NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: