Re: Lurker here - First Post & Need Input on Belly Pain

Thu Nov 14 07:12:05 2002

Nancy, My daughter can't stand anything but loose clothes. I don't think she is quite as sensitive as you are, however, anything snug makes her uncomfortable, and she does have times that the baggiest are not baggy enough. I know what you mean when you say you feel the doctors are through with you. There are some like that out there. I think some get frustrated, others just don't know how to continue dealing with the complaints when they feel they have done what they know to do. Also, most GP's think you're (we're) nuts , WITHOUT mentioning Germany! IBS can be anything from cramps, diarrhea to constipation. I think IBS basically stands for " I Be Sick"........it should be "IBSDDKWIISTCIIBS" Translation: "I be sick, doctors don't know what it is, so they call it IBS" When you feel your doc is through with you, be through with him (her). Find someone that doesn't mark you up as "psycho". Love, Karen PS Please join us the Oprah Project!!! -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Thursday, November 14, 2002 06:32:01 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Lurker here - First Post & Need Input on Belly Pain Hi all, I've been scaning this board from time to time since I had complications from a hyst in July 02. I had a cuff cellulitis that was not treated until 6 weeks post op. I kept thinking this pain was related to the infection and when it is finally cleared up, that this pain would be gone - no such luck. I had an adhesiolysis in October 02. Op report read 'large area of omental adhesions on the midline...taken down sharply... vessels controlled with cautery....' Surgeon said they had my bowels kinked. I thought OK, the adhesions are gone, this pain will be gone. I had been having some very suspicious pain, and now the pain is almost back to the same level as it was before the lysis. Before the lysis, I was also having to keep my legs up on pillows 'because I couldn't stand for the the back of my legs to touch anything. I don't have to do that anymore. I am still able to eat solid foods since the lysis for which I am very thankful. I have not gained much weight back, but I feel stronger. It just seems the pain is creeping back.
--

I have a real tough time with clothes that do not hurt my belly. Simply
bigger clothes do not provide enough relief. The most comfortable ones
I have found were 4 sizes too big, and I still had to take the elastic
out of the front of them. They have a drawstring so I tie them to my
bra. Works out pretty good. Anything that touches the belly causes
pain for hours later. Is this common?

I'm considering going to Germany - I mentioned this to my GP. He
absolutely thinks I'm nuts. Thinks I've been on the 'net too much and
my anxiety is causing the pain. I thought more like... the pain is
causing the anxiety! I guess he thinks I like wearing maternity clothes.
He is going to start treating me for IBS. Doesn't IBS include bowel
cramps and diarrhea? I have none of that. To sum it up: I think my Drs
are through with me.

I still have a recessed spot on my belly where the adhesions were based.
Feels like the skin is real thin over that spot.... kinda like there's
nothing underneath the thin layer of skin. Is it common for clothes
that touch your belly to cause this much pain? If this is not adhesions,
any idea what else it could be?

Thanks in Advance,
Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: