INSURRECTION ! part 1

Tue Nov 12 09:03:15 2002

Insurrection Part 1 I am now appalled. I am pretty sure I have lived through every indignity a person with ARD and Endometriosis can endure. It has recently occurred to me we have been bugging the wrong people, our doctors. The grassroots campaign for awareness is great but it is not moving the mountains we need moved. I don't think we are going to get help from a national celebrity any time soon. It comes down to one of my families favorite retorts. You've got to pick up an oar and paddle your own canoe. Well I think the time is right. God bless the internet we have finally broken the bond of isolation, found each other and from each story on the quilt, the needless suffering and indignation we put up with must now fuel the fire. It's the government we have to badger, the World health organization, the CDC, and Social Security and the likes. If you live in another country don't think your two cent won't matter, what happens in the USA can certainly set a presedent for others to follow. We need to look at our group and find the talent from within to accomplish goals that can change All our lives. Are there any professional writers here? any people with legal back grounds? Medical professional? People willing to "jam" on the phone. People willing to do research. We are here to support each other. I can think of no better way of support than banding together in an organized manner to get some important thingsdone. 1. draft letters to our elected reps to let them know we are coming and won't keep quite till we get some help and answers. These letters should include well documented statistics, especially the economic ramifications starting with financial devastation of families to the billions of dollars spent on medical care 2. draft letters to CDC and WHO ( a med. person can taylor it's format so that the docs feel like it is not from the lunatic fringe) 3. draft letters to social security to recognize these conditions as diabling. 4. draft legislation to to address the lack of resources for our global, pandemic medical conditions. We deserve and demand research funding as our numbers surpass any other disease known. We need federal guidelines for the medical community to follow, no more thinking we are crazy.

We will probably have to draft a bill ourselves with the help of one of our member with legalese. Yup paddling our own canoe, like when you fill out all the forms for your doc so he only has to sign for ssi ( If you have not figured that out it don't get done unless you do that) 5. continue our grassroots campaign of awareness and education.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: