Re: Anger, the soul destroyer

Fri Nov 8 16:02:39 2002

Hello Captain, I read your mail about anger and I printed it off for my doctor to see. I realy often wonder if the doctors truly uderstand the extent of what we go through on a minute by minute basis. I know that if I dont turn to God, that I can become a monster due to the pain, and have done so even though I have turned to God. Some people, if they saw me they would think I was an idiot, because I talk outloud to God and ask him WHY ME! I am college educated and very mechanical inclined, I was a journeyman millwright traveling the country and living the good life.I went hunting and fishing as often as the sun came up, and suddenly its all over. I have friends that ask me about classic cars and their value, I have a 69 GTO that I can't do anything with as far as restoring, and yes these things do anger me. I used to stop alongside the interstate and fix peoples cars and now I cant fix my own. Anything I put my mind to, I could do it. But pain is a horrible waste of life. Now looking at what I have just told you, you can probably see that I did not take much time for God before I got hurt, and even now I find it hard to take time for the things that I know that God would have me do because of the pain. But I do know that God works in mysterious ways because I was just thinking a couple of weeks ago that I had to mention the anger that has invaded my life to my doctor, because I am not myself in the winter t ime. The winter takes it out of me and makes life unbearable because the cold chills go straight to the bone, and their is nothing that I can do about it. I have just recieved a hotpack brace, but unless I carry a microwave around with me, it's only good for an hour or so. Another thing that makes me angry is for anyone to tell me that I have too many pups. My Church family always tells me that, and they dont understand that animals, no matter how many you have, are a great comfort to someone in chronic pain. I know that I am fortunate to be alive, so let me live to the best of my ability, is what I tell them. Any ways, Thank You for the subject matter about anger. It does me good to know that there are others that know what we go through on a daily basis. I thank God for You and I Thankyou personally for finding the subject matter. I will keep you in my prayers, and May God Bless You Always. Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: