Re: Karla, I Needed To POst This I Hope You UNderstand!??!

Mon Nov 4 20:29:51 2002

Denise, Please know that I harbor no ill will towards you. I will not go over any of the things that we have discussed in the past because I am in no way saying that you are stupid or lying or any such thing. I will say that whomever advised you to open a new case rather than appealing was 100% wrong. It is possible that you were not considered disabled enough to get benefits at your initial filing...but no worker should be advising you not to appeal. If your attorney presents this correctly to the Administrative Law Judge it is possible for the judge to order back pay to the original date of claim....if you were disabled enough at that point. Please understand that I am not saying you weren't....just that I don't know enough to make that decision. I will say that it is probably highly unlikely that he would do this...but you never know. Another thing....your letter to Governor Bush was a waste of time. Not that you didn't learn that by reading his response, but given that Social Security is a federal program, the governor has absolutely NO authority or pull. Best results are achieved by writing to your senators and congressmen. I am not speaking of state representatives either, but those that sit in Washington D.C. Pester the hell out of them. Since the agency failed to obtain all of your records.....get them for them. Also get your doctors to write letters for you. Since they have told you that you are totally disabled (there is no benefits for people not totally disabled) make them put it in writing. Better yet, write the letters for them and have them sign the letters for you. If you would consider it, and would scan me copies of your records, etc., or email me with all the details of your case, I am willing to assist you in writing these letters. They really need to be written in a specific manner and since I have done many of them in the past, I am more than willing to help. But, you are also an excellent writer yourself and have the capabilities of doing it for yourself. Just let me know. Denise, I never intended to say you were stupid or to cut you down. I am sorry if that is how you interpreted my words. I would love to see you stand up and take action to correct things. But, more than anything, I would love to see you become an advocate for people trying to get disability. Let me know if you need anything. As I said, I am more than willing to help out. God Bless! Karla Denise <dam_isme@bellsouth.net> wrote:PLEASE UNDERSTAND I WAS NOT GOING TO POST THIS: BUT AFTER READING PEOPLES THOUGHTS TO THE LAST FEW POSTS,,, I THOUGHT IT NEEDED TO BE DONE,,, I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND. THIS WAS AN EMAIL I HAD SENT TO KARLA EARLIER TODAY.

Dear Karla,

Please let me explain something to you. Understand , I mean you no harm or ill will,,, but please,,, please read what I have to say,,, please!!! First of all, I have had severe adhesions for over 3 years now. I have applied for SSI & SSD for the same amount of time. 3 years now! I tried to explain to you on the site that not all things are so cut and dry like we would all hope it to be. First of all, when I first applied for SSI & SSD I was told to "open" a new case after the first denial. Not to "re-open the same case but to actually start a new one. I was told this by the Social Security office here in Orlando Florida. Well this action may of cost me any kind of "back pay" since I now have 3 cases each one being a new one since this is what I was told to do by the office. Also, I gave them all 3 times, names address' and phone numbers to all of my main DR's and to both area hospitals that I had the surgeries done in. When I contacted the hospitals to verify the information that the SS office requested, I was told by the hospital records dept. just "exactly" what dates they did request. Not one time out of 3 times where their requests ever for "actual" surgical dates or even any of the numerous hospital stays!!! When I would make calls to the case worker explaining that they did not have the correct information, I was always told, "oh we'll look into it" but nothing actually came of it!! This is also true for the numerous times I would call the supervisor's of these case workers!!! Still, in my last denial letter they stated that they contacted my Doctor's and received "ALL" my records, when in fact they did nothing of the kind. I am but 1 person , fighting a system bigger than I can imagine. There really is not a lot one person can do alone. I wrote to my Governor and Congressmen, after several months, I finally just the other day got a letter back from Governor Bush, and in fact, the letter had absolutely nothing to do with the original letters I had wrote to him. It had nothing to do with Social Security, in fact he responded with reference to my Insurance!!! Go figure right? I do not mean to cause you grief in any way, and that is the truth. But it does hurt , when a stranger , who knows nothing about you or your case or the hell you have lived in for over 3 years trying to get what your entitled to, then to basically tell me I am wrong!!! Surely you can understand that frustration???? When in fact, everything I have ever posted on the site is the God's honest truth!!!! When it comes to health care, meds, or even Social Security, this state totally sucks !!!! Heck, most of them can't even vote right!!! lol But it is my home and it is where I was born and my son also!! I mean you no disrespect in any way, heck, I don't even know you! It just offended me to think that you shot down everything I had said, on a public site and made me look totally stupid!! When in fact , I am not stupid at all, just stubborn!!! For the 3 years that I have been applying for SSI & SSD, I have been so misinformed its pathetic, but it has not happen to just me, it happens to tons of people in this state!!!! Yes , I agree, someone should look into it, but at the time of elections,,, do you think they really care that a few of us slip through the cracks??? No they don't care, and by the reply from Gov. Bush,,, he can't even read what was written to him, because his reply had nothing to do with the actual letters written to him!!! As for my Doctor's,,, every one of them would of told Social Security that I was and am totally disabled, but see the problem is,,, they never contacted the Doctors. Not once in 3 years!!!!! I am sorry if the things that were said hurt you in any way, but I too was hurt by things you said, mostly because you made me sound like I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about!!! I currently have a lawyer yes, but I had to get one due to the lack of Social Security doing their job, not to mention, I am out 3 years worth of back pay because of them telling me to open new cases each time and not to re-open the first one in the beginning!!! What I posted on the site was actual and true, I just didn't want to see anyone else suffer the way I had been. Each state is different in the way they handle things, it is unfortunate that this state sucks the most for doing their job. Maybe it is due to higher number of cases and it is just to much for the agency to handle,,, I don't know. But I do know it happens all the time here. Case and point, my mom, trying to get my dads Social Security of which she is entitled to, they told her she could not get it!!! It took her reapplying the 3rd time before they finally gave it to her, but her case went before a different worker the third time. I have written letters to the administration, and to the Gov. and even Congressmen,,,, nothing has changed!!! I'm still waiting and raising my 14 year old son alone on practically no income!!! Since I do not get child support, and can't work,,,, what else is left??? My life savings is gone,,, but not my hope!!! Again, I mean you no ill will in any way,,, and I truly hope you know that,,,, but sometimes things including the system that was meant to help,,, doesn't always do what their designed to do!!! I guess we have to keep in mind,,, that no matter what,,, even the "system" is run by humans,,, and humans make mistakes. Eventually I will get what I am entitled to,, I truly believe that,,, but it is hard sometimes to remain positive when your constantly beating your head against the walls!!! I didn't want to post this email on the site,,, since I think people are getting the wrong idea that I want to "argue" with you,,, when in fact,,, I don't want to argue with you or anyone,,, life is way to short to spend time wasted fighting with people,,, I think we are all in the same boat when it comes to suffering,,, I know we are!!! It is unfortunate that I have endured this crap from Social Security,,, but truth be told,,,even they are not perfect and do make mistakes just the same. If you have any other suggestions as to directions for me to take to get this resolved,,, I would be very grateful for any insight you could lend. But please,,, for sake of peoples feelings,,, just remember,,, what you go through or even what I go through,,, doesn't mean the next guy that comes along will have it so easy or even as rough. We are all different, just like the way the system is run differently. OK?? I would like to make amends with you on this, since I strive to not have enemies or anything,,, I care deeply for people and their pain and what they endure,, and I know we all suffer differently,,, including you,, we don't need to argue or ridicule each other,,, after all we are all in this thing together right??? I hope we can straighten this out between us and maybe even become friends at some point,, it is clear to me that you are a very intelligent woman with a great deal of useful information,,, you need to continue to help people out there... all I ask is,,, keep in mind that the things people write about are not only their feelings,,, but also their actual experiences,,, and they do count for something. ok??? It is my hope that you will write me back and that we can ,, together,, work through this ,,, I hope you'll feel the same way. Sincerely, Denise

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: