Diet for adhesions

Mon Nov 4 06:53:49 2002

The low residue diet is the best and yes it is very restrictive but everything is restrictive anyway in living with adhesions!! haha The fiber products are a definate no-no to diet, fiber will not only inflame your intestines it actually blows up and causes great distress. V8 juice is (i found) the only way to get ultimate veggie vitamins in our bodies but even this we have to be careful with as the tomatoes are an irritant, so only in small moderation, no seeds, no corn, things that will get stuck and cause blockages.No beans or breads especially wheat for some reason it is worse.Gas is not good but the only thing I can use to help bm is prune juice, taking the actual prunes is alot slower in severe adhesion cases. Prunes have alot of iron as my Dr. always kids me and says "well we will never have to worry about your iron count", haha. Hot soups are very comforting to the system and I have found calm some spasms down when drank while putting heating pad on. You combat it from both sides. Shawna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: