Re: ADHESIONS digest 770

Sat Nov 2 04:58:13 2002

At Fri, 1 Nov 2002, sssssssh... wrote: >Hi sweetheart, Don't worry you are in one of the best places to start to
learn what you need to know about endometriosis. Alot of us here have it and someone will always try to give you an answer here. There are tons of great reasources all over the web too! I have to ask why your doctor told you you had endo. There are only two ways I know you can be diagnosed. The one most know is through surgery which is the surest diagnosis. Also there is a blood test for something called CA 125 that they can measure thru a blood teat. It is actually a blood test for ovarian cancer (don't worry other blood work would rule out if your body was fighting cancer). People with endometriosis have high amounts of this in their blood.Please let us know how you were diagnosed. It is a misunderstood disease but don't be scared. Millions of women have it througout the world. We are hangin in there. Endometriosis is when endometrial tissue that should be in the uterus and shed each month as menses somehow goes into your abdomin and creates lesions which can cause great pain. It is stimulated by your monthly cycle. This wayward tissue has no way to get out and can grow outside the uterus The more advanced the disease is the more problems it can bring. But even minmal disease can cause great pain in some and not others and vise versa. YOU have alot of decisions to make in the near future about the way YOU want to go throught treament. There are surgical therapies and drug therapies that you may be offered. You need to start now educating yourself about your options You may have wonderful docs who suggest certain treatments but it is your body and perhaps what they suggest may not be the right thing for you.Ask them lots of questions and don't agree to anything untill you have throughly studied and understand the full consequences of each treatment. You may be offer birth control pills which is generally a cool thing to do. You may be offered a powerful drug called Lupron and before you go that route you need to read up on the possible side effects. You need to know NOW why you docs think you have this if you have not had surgery called a laporoscopy. Did they find it while you were being operated on for something else? Do you have family and friends about that can help support you through this? My name is Dawn and I have had endo since I was a teen and now I am 41. Please feel free to email me if I can help you in anyway. What state do you live in?? Much love, Dawn

>Hello,
>I am eighteen years old and found out yesterday that i have
>endemetriosis (sp?)
>Im seriously frightened about this and am clueless about the whole
>thing. Could you explain what exactly it is and what harm it can cause?
>Thanx
>bluebuttafly69@yahoo.com
>Thanks.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: