Re: DAVE, A QUESTION FOR YOU..REGUARDING THE PATCH (Karla)

Mon Oct 28 13:55:28 2002

Tish, Thanks for always making me feel so good. This group is so blessed to have you counted amongst its members. As for the cleaning out of your system giving you better tolerance....I have never heard of that, nor have I had the opportunity to experience it. I do go through periods where I believe that I am partially obstructed. The pain with this is so severe, but once the obstruction passes the pain subsides. Is it because I have cleaned out? Or is it just because the obstruction isn't causing as great of pain. I think the latter, but I could be entirely wrong. Let me know what you discover. Love, Karla Tish <CookieTish@aol.com> wrote:Hi Karla...it is so good to see you posting again...hope you are feeling somewhat comfy now..i remember the terrible nausea when i first started the patches..i didnt think i would be able to continue with them..but my Dr finally gave me some meclazine to combat that..and i made it through..whew. My Dr upped me from 25s every 72 hours to every 48 hours and i was scared to death but i did it..it didnt make me nauseated then tho Thank God...the lorcet does ok for breakthrough but i find myself having to take more and more of it to get relief...ive heard that you can clean yourself out real good i guess with laxatives..and your tolerance will go back down a little..do you know anything about that??? Hoping you are feeling fairly good.. Much Love And Hugs Tish

At Sun, 27 Oct 2002, K Nygren wrote: >
>TISH AND CINDY AND ANYONE ELSE ON DURAGESIC PATCHES,
>I WAS ON DURAGESIC PATCHES IN THE PAST....I WAS LAST ON 100'S. THEY DID WORK PRETTY WELL REGARDING THE PAIN, BUT I WAS TAKEN OFF OF THEM BECAUSE THEY SUPPRESSED MY RESPIRATIONS SIGNIFICANTLY. I WOULD BE VERY LEERY OF BEING ON INCREASED DOSAGES. I WAS ALSO GIVEN OXYCONTIN FOR BREAKTHROUGH PAIN...BUT AT THE 100 LEVEL I DON'T RECALL IF I NEEDED TOO MUCH. IT ALSO CAUSES A LOT OF NAUSEA...BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS AT EACH LEVEL THAT GOES AWAY.
>KARLA
> Tish wrote:MY DEAREST CINDY..
>REGARDING THE DURAGESIC PATCH...YES THERE ARE DIFFERENT DOSAGES OF THE
>PATCH..I AM ON THE 25MG MYSELF..AND I CHANGE IT EVERY 2 DAYS INSTEAD OF
>3 THEN THERE ARE 50 MG AND 75MG THERE MAY BE SOME EVEN HIGHER THAN
>THAT..IM NOT SURE..
>I HAVE DUG AROUND ON THE DURAGESIC SITE.,.AND EVEN THE MANUFACTURERS OF
>THESE PATCHES SAY YOU MAY NEED A BREAKTHROUGH PAIN MED TO GO WITH THE
>PATCHES..MYSELF IM ON LORCET 10/650S 4 TO 6 TIMES PER DAY...AND IF I
>DONT OVERDO IT OR TWISST JUST RIGHT OR DO SOMETHING I SHOULDNT DO
>THEN..I AM PRETTY MUCH COMFY MOST OF THE TIME..THE PAIN IS NEVER GONE
>NOR WILL IT EVER BE I DONT IMAGINE..BUT I CAN AT LEAST STAY WITHIN A
>CERTAIN COMFORT ZONE..MOST OF THE TIME...
>I WILL SEND YOU SOME INFO I FOUND ON BREAKTHROUGH PAIN AS WELL..TO TAKE
>TO YOUR DR WITH YOU..IT IS VERY INFORMATIVE ..AND EXPLAINS BREAKTHROUGH
>PAIN IN DISTINCT DETAIL...MAYBE WITH THIS INFO..YOU COULD CONVINCE YOUR
>DR OF THE NEED FOR BREAKTHROUGH PAIN MEDS...OK...IF NOT GIVEE ME YOUR
>DOCS NUMBER AND ILL CALL HIM UP AND CONVINCE HIM OK..HEHEHE..
>HUGS AND LOVE TO YOU MY DEAR DEAR FRIEND.
>TISH

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: