Re: Just a few questions.

Tue Oct 22 19:24:15 2002

Having worked for the Social Security Administration and having been disabled twice myself, I can tell you that there is absolutely no reason to hire an attorney until you have been denied twice. The attorney is not involved in your claim, other then perhaps helping you fill out forms, until you reach the hearings level which is after you have been denied twice....the initial claim and the reconsideration. It is only at the hearings level that you and your attorney will argue your claim in front of the administrative law judge. It is possible to get disability based on adhesions, but so much depends on how you complete the papers and exactly how your doctor phrases his answers to them. Everything must be extremely specific and not subjective. I, myself, have written the letters for the doctors (for both Social Security disability and VA disability) and brought them in for their signatures. They have gladly signed them each and every time and at the same time they said what needed to be said and it was said correctly. If you have any questions let me know. Karla dam_iame@bellsouth.net wrote:Some Doctor's will tell you that doing "sit-up's" can help to "pop" the adhesions,,, each person is different and what might work for some may not work for you,, but it certainly can not hurt! As for getting Disability for Adhesions is very hard to get since they really don't know an awful lot about them. { Social Security } Also it is very hard to get any kind of disabilty if your under the age of 50. I have been trying for 3 years to get disability for my adhesions since I happen to be one of the women that mass produces adhesions. Take it from someone who is "still" fighting for disabilty,,, after your first fenial,,, take that "denial letter" straight to a Lawyer and begin your fight. DO NOT wait until you have been denied 3 times like they say,,, you can get a lawyer after the first denial. Best of luck to you. Denise

At Tue, 22 Oct 2002, EVETTA74@aol.com wrote: >
>Hello everyone. My name is Evetta, and I've posted on here a couple of times.
>Unfortunatly, I am still in pain. I was just wondering if anyone out here has
>expierenced any type of pain while sitting down? If so, can you please offer
>me some useful tips on how to alleviate the pain other than strong pain meds.
> Also, I wanted to know if anyone has tried to get disability for adhesions
>and the pain and suffering it brings with it. Thank you for taking the time
>to read this. Any and all tips and suggestions are welcome.

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: