ANYONE CAN DO WHAT I DID...to create awareness about ARD!!

Mon Oct 21 01:08:28 2002

ANYONE CAN DO WHAT I DID...to create awareness about ARD!!

This was such a simple way to let people know about adhesions and ARD.

ALL I DID WAS:

1.) I PHONED THE NEWSPAPER... and said I had information for a feature article about adhesions and the International Adhesions Society that I would like to see in the Echo Press (newspaper).

I briefly told her about the International Adhesions Society - and shared a little about my ARD story. I gave her the Url for the IAS website; and she told me she would take a look at it - and would contact me.

2.) I PREPARED AND PROVIDED INFORMATION....I printed-out information about the IAS and some of the best websites about adhesions. I placed all of this information in a binder - and took it to the newspaper office. I told the receptionist to give the binder of information to the editor.

[NOTE: If I've motivated anyone to do what I did, I am willing to share the source of the websites I provided to the reporter.]

3.) ACCEPTANCE.....I received the following message: "I have researched some of the information and I think we could do a feature story on this medical topic. I will have a reporter call you sometime within the next two weeks to set up a time to meet with and interview you."

4.) INTERVIEW DATE WAS SET.....The reporter sent the following message via email: " Helen, I'll be working with you on the story idea you had on adhesions. I've had a little time to look over the information and I'm ready now to get together for an interview. Name a time and we'll get together."

5.) TO CHECK ACCURACY.....A week later I met with the reporter to check to be sure her information was accurate - before being printed.

6.) THE RESULT..."Painful bonds" appeared in the October 17, 2002 Echo Press

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: