Bowel Problems - Can Anyone Relate?

Sun Oct 20 13:27:22 2002

I am experiencing terrible swelling internally - like my intestines are swelling and I have bad bloating. I had a lap done in July and the doctor was not able to remove my left ovary and tube from my bowel - they are adhesed. He cleaned up as much as he could but was unable to remove them. So, they are still adhesed to my bowel. Now, particularly when I ovulate, the following starts: I get a bloating feeling, when I breathe in my intestines feel like they are selling and it is uncomfortable, when I eat I get a similar sensation, and I constantly feel like I have to have a bowel movement. This is very upsetting and scary. Of course they have done all the GI tests and given me all the drugs for irritable bowel, but none of that works and common sense would say that it wouldn't if this is due to adhesions. I can't find anyone who has experienced something like this and it makes me worry that there is something terrible going on. Can anyone here relate to this problem? My obgyn believes it is the adhesions and they want me to stay on the bc pill, but I don't know how that is supposed to solve this problem either. Please, would like to hear what you all think. Does this sound like something adhesions can do? Barb

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: