Re: PAIN MEDICATION

Fri Oct 18 09:46:40 2002

Dear Dusti

I am on Duragesic Patch 75 and lots of Vicodine10mg for breakthrough pain. My Dr has always told me when it is time to come off the meds, she will help me do it slowly. I did have some problems coming off meds after some of my surgeries, but just kept taking a lower dose as need for withdrawl symptoms. I did have a problem coming off the duragesic patch in Nov 2000. I had surgery in Germany & kept going down till I was on the 25 patch. I had lots of leg/knee spasms for about 2 weeks & didn't sleep because of it, but I think I got off of them too fast & didn't use anything for withdrawl symptoms. I also can take muscel relaxers, but I dont unles it gets really bad because it dopes me up with all the different meds. I also take lots of vitamins that make me feel good & helps me loose weight & inches, I have lost over 9 #s & over 9 inches so far. I also take a natural vitamin to help keep my intestines working & it works better than any prescription I have had. I also take natural sleeping vitamins & a sleeping pill. I also take meds for depression that I have had since pre teen. I take Paxil & Buspar that also helps with my panic/anxiety attacks and my shaking/tremors in my arm. I used to take a anti inflamatory, but, it contained asprin & when I have surgeries I have to be off of it, & I found it didnt seem to be doing anything for me. robin M

At Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Dusti wrote: >
>My doctor has put me on an anti-inflammatory 3 times a day, Fibercon and
>pain medication (percocet)when needed. She said that another surgery is
>a last resort (I had surgery (lap) August 23, 2002)and we should just
>try these medications.
>
>I was just wondering what everyone else on the board takes for pain. I
>usually take pain medicine 2-4 times a week. I would just like to see
>what the general consensus on pain medication is.
>
>Are any of you afraid of becoming addicted to it?
>
>I also take Lasix and Blood pressure medication (minimal) and I have
>read that can interfere with anti-inflammatory medication. Does anyone
>have problems with that?
>
>Any information you can give me would be appreciated!!!
>
>THANKS
>
>--
>Dusti
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: