To Helen Dynda

Fri Oct 18 09:12:29 2002

Helen, I read your story at Echo. You did a great job! I responded in the comment section. Here's what I wrote.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have had pelvic adhesions for over 2.5 years. Helen Dynda's story has hit the proverbial nail on the head. The medical community really doesn't seem to know enough about this surgical complication to be able to help those who suffer the painful consequences of problematic adhesions. Often women are led to believe that this is "their" problem - that they don't have the pain tolerance to deal with adhesions, or that they just aren't dealing mentally with the aftermath of surgery.

I am a successful business woman, who (until a laparotomy for a large ovarian tumor) has always enjoyed good health. I am quite used to dealing with a variety of daily obstacles, and I am far too busy to have time to focus on my health. Yet when I experience that squeezing, pulling, twisting pain my quality of life is compromised, to say the least.

Helen Dynda has been a wonderful source of support to women around the world who suffer from adhesions. Perhaps someday, problematic adhesions will not be an unfortunate consequence of surgery. To people like Helen who act as an advocate for us, I owe my gratitude.

Yours sincerely,

--
Clare Sheedy
Toronto, Canada

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: