Re: Huggz All

Wed Oct 16 11:29:28 2002

Dear Lori, I am so glad you are finally getting something to help you with the pain. 9 months is a long time to be in pain for sure. From the Drs. side, in order to protect their licenses, they have to be sure that 1} it is not something that can be fixed, thus all the tests and 2} only narcotic drugs will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately, too many people that don't need these drugs try to get them and it wrecks it for all of us that truly need them to have a quality of life. It is not unusual for it to take many months before the Dr. will prescribe them but it is extremely frustrating to have to wait that long is pain. You probably have a consciences doctor though, in his favor. Any Dr. that would give you narcotics before checking out the other options is not doing a thorough job. At least you know, he probably is a good doctor. I'm just glad you are finally getting some relief. I have been on pain meds for 8 months now and went from being totally bedridden, to having a semi-normal life back. It makes me grateful for each day that I can even clean the toilets. The small stuff I couldn't do before, I appreciate now. I hope it goes as well for you also. It may take several months of trying different drugs to see what works best for you. The best advice I got when I started on this course of having to take pain meds was from a chemical dependency counselor. He said to monitor the pain level in my gut, not how the drugs made my brain feel. It's a hard thing to explain. If you want, drop me an E-mail and I'd be happy to chat with you about it. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people, including my friendly local pharmacist, before I decided this was the only option I had left. I just pray, it works as well for you and you get the relief you need! In friendship, Debby

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: